Bid Manager, Newcastle, UK
Office Location: Newcastle
Salary: Negotiable, guide £28-32k plus excellent benefits
Discipline team: Admin
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You need to be a quick learner, with excellent communication and organisational skills, who enjoys supporting varied and numerous projects in a team where no two days are the same. The role includes:
- Supporting the bid qualification process for new opportunities
- Ensuring adherence to quality control steps of bid submission
- Ensuring the timely delivery of technically compliant and commercially sound bids
- Standardising bid documentation to safeguard bid quality and increase efficiency
- Overseeing the development of bid resources, including a library of responses and proposal documentation
- Implementing appropriate bid skills development programmes for all levels in the company
PERSON SPEC - SUMMARY
- Ability to develop strong and focused relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven time and project management skills, with ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Be able to demonstrate a balance of writing ability, creative flair and influencing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to influence and challenge partners.
Our Marketing team is looking for a Bid Manager to join an expanding team and contribute to the growth of our business. In this role you will work closely with technical and business development professionals and alongside existing bid support specialists to manage the bid process, from the identification of an opportunity, through ‘go/no go’ discussions and on to successful delivery. In this role there will be the opportunity to learn and develop as part of a collaborative Marketing team alongside specialists in brand, design, communications and social media.
The ideal candidate will have a background in multi-discipline and strategic bid management. You will need versatility, enthusiasm and flexibility, with the ability to take-on multiple tasks and work with colleagues to prioritise, drive and deliver successful bids.
SLR is a leader in global environmental and advisory services. We work with clients across six sectors, delivering over 30 technical disciplines, from a network of offices in Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific and Africa. SLR’s global team has grown from a handful of people when the company started to over 1,100 today. We seek to attract, develop and retain the best people in our industry.
SLR is a safe and responsible partner and we contribute positively to the communities in which we operate. We offer our colleagues a diverse and rewarding place to work and by investing in our people we attract and retain some of the leading specialists within their field. Our ‘one team’ culture is underpinned by an independent and entrepreneurial spirit and is the key to maintaining our market position and reputation with trusted client relations.
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request. To apply, please click on the 'Apply Now' button and complete the online application form.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job