Chartered Civil Engineer (Associate grade), Bristol or Bradford on Avon, UK
Office Location: Bristol
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits
Discipline team: Civil & Structural Engineering
Due to our on-going success SLR is seeking to recruit an experienced civil engineer (preferably chartered) to support engineering projects based in the South-West – working closely with our engineering team located in our Bradford on Avon office.
The successful candidate will be required to project manage civil and environmental engineering projects from feasibility through the design, tender and construction phases to final handover. Typical current projects include requirements for the design and construction of commercial buildings, roads, drainage and general infrastructure. The role requires a working knowledge of engineering design (reinforced concrete, steel, earthworks, drainage and external works design), programme management, engineering contracts (ICE7th, NEC3, FIDIC), together with experience of the tender process and management of construction projects.
As well as playing a key role in a range of civil and environmental engineering projects throughout the south-west, you will have the opportunity to manage staff, projects and develop client relationships. SLR is a truly multinational consultancy and offers significant potential for career development and enhancement based on performance.
Listed in The Times’ top 100 “One To watch” SLR’s “one team” culture is at the heart of all our business and provides a collaborative and supportive environment for professional development. Along with competitive salaries, SLR staff also enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, life and travel insurance, critic illness cover as well as pension contributions, a structured career framework with regular reviews offering outstanding opportunities for progression and a generous car cash allowance. Alongside 25 day’s annual leave SLR offer agile working which allows staff to tailor hours worked around core hours of 10am-4pm, and our family friendly policies help balance the needs of professional and family life.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position will involve:
• Managing / overseeing projects, advising clients on engineering projects such as general infrastructure throughout the south-west and across the UK;
• High level report writing and technical review of work;
• Supervision / mentoring of engineering staff;
• Liaising with other professionals in other UK offices;
• Seeking opportunities through coordinated business development to expand the civil & structural engineering services and capabilities.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Chartered (or working towards) Civil Engineer with demonstrable consultancy/commercial experience inc project/team/budget management
• General understanding of Civil engineering principles and working engineering design knowledge; along with strong numerical skills
• Strong BD capabilities and able to identify and pursue markets and opportunities to help lead growth/expansion
• Minimum 2:1 or higher Bachelors degree and relevant MSc
APPLICATIONS AND ENQUIRIES
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
To apply, please use the online application form linked below.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job