Chartered Landscape Architect - Associate Grade, Nottingham, UK
Office Location: Nottingham
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits
Discipline team: Landscape Architecture
SLR is seeking talented landscape architects at Associate grade to join its established Landscape group based in Nottingham, providing support to the Directors and senior staff in the office and leading on delivery of design and reporting activities for clients across a range of sectors
The successful candidate would work within an accomplished and well-structured team alongside some of the UK’s leading landscape experts with a commitment to quality and maintaining the highest professional standards; and on a varied workload including major development projects and a range of work across the Built Environment sector.
Along with competitive salaries, SLR staff also enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare and travel insurance and pension contributions and a structured career path with real opportunities for progression. Our comprehensive annual review process ensures that the efforts of our staff remain adequately recognised and rewarded, and our family friendly policies help staff balance the needs of professional and family life
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Landscape Discipline Manger the role would involve managing and delivering a varied project workload, whilst providing leadership and guidance to junior staff within the team.
We would also like you to help develop and expand the team’s expertise and workload and actively take part in business development, preparing fee tenders and securing new commissions for the team. This would also involve building cross discipline relationships within SLR as well as leading cross-functional teams.
You would be undertaking and managing a range of diverse and challenging projects in support of the Directors and Principals including residential, mineral and power developments. We would expect you to be interested in being involved in landscape planning including master planning, public enquiry work and landscape and visual assessments.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Landscape Architecture Degree and/or Postgraduate diploma, and either holding or working towards Chartered status with demonstrable Landscape Planning experience within a consultancy, studio or similar commercial environment.
• An experienced professional who can demonstrate a successful track record in project and line management, good organisational skills and winning new work
• Experienced in LVIA and Landscape Masterplanning is required, and any experience as an Expert Witness or of high-end landscape and public realm design an advantage
• An understanding of landscape planning methodologies and experience at drafting related reports (skills in both technical report writing and in the preparation of graphic material are required).
• An effective and confident communicator (both written and oral) to a broad audience, with the ability to work collaboratively.
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job