Desktop Support Analyst, Australia
Office Location: Sydney
Discipline team: Information Technology
Job DescriptionAbout the business and the role
SLR is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices across Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa, SLR is one of a very small number of truly international specialist environmental consultancies. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
Our dedicated IT department are responsible for providing technical support to our 300+ staff located across Australia and New Zealand. Our recent growth has created an exciting opportunity for an energetic and personable individual to join our team in our Sydney office which will be based in North Sydney as part of a new office relocation. Ideally we are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic IT Service technician who has excellent people skills to match their high level technical ability.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Your main responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Providing exceptional customer service to all our staff across the Asia Pacific region including desktop support in the Sydney office
- Responding to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, or electronically
- Regional travel will be required periodically
- Diagnosing and resolving technical hardware and software issues
- Following standard Service Desk procedures
- Identifying and escalating situations requiring urgent attention
- Staying up to date with system information, changes and updates
- Working with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar service technician role
- Experience with Windows 10, Office 365 and Active Directory
- Experience delivering exceptional customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops, Servers
- Ability to work autonomously and have experience mentoring junior staff
- Experience troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems
- Experience with Virus control
- Excellent attention to detail and quick response rate
- Ability to adapt and solve problems creatively
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff, and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be offered an attractive salary, interaction with SLR staff nationally with a strong focus on targeted professional development.
If you believe that you are a match with what we are looking for and would like to work within a dynamic professional consultancy, please submit your application by 'Applying' now.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job