Engineering Hydrologist, Stirling, UK
Office Location: Stirling
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, agile working
Discipline team: Hydrology & Hydrogeology
SLR has a busy, well established hydrology team distributed widely throughout its UK office network. SLR’s hydrologists, hydrogeologists, water resource and flood risk specialists have extensive experience working in the commercial and residential development, mining, waste, and energy sectors. Due to ongoing success and a busy forward order book, we are looking to expand the team with the appointment of an engineering hydrologist at Project or Senior grade, working from our Stirling office.
This position presents an outstanding opportunity to join a large team of flood management engineers and hydrologists and be part of a wider group which also comprises hydrogeologists, geomorphologists and geochemists.
SLR is a multinational consultancy and offers significant potential for career development and enhancement based on performance.
Along with a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package including, BUPA health cover, death-in-service cover and pension. We strive to ensure that opportunities for both new starters and for existing staff are open to all, and we have family friendly policies aimed at helping staff balance the needs of professional and family life. These include remote working facilities, as well as the potential for part time, job share and other flexible working arrangements.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working alongside a Technical Director responsible for flood management, the successful candidate will be required to prepare, organise and undertake a range of studies including engineering hydrology, flood risk assessment, flood management strategies, numerical modelling, and Sustainable Drainage (SuDS) design.
Ideally candidates will have some experience or exposure to fluvial hydraulic modelling or Sustainable Drainage (SuDS) designs.
This role may involve projects and site investigations across the UK and internationally, and therefore may include infrequent periods working away from home for several days at a time.
Duties may involve:
• Hydrologic and hydraulic analysis,
• 1D, 2D and ICM numerical modelling;
• Drainage Impact Assessment / Surface Water Management studies;
• Preparing SPP, TAN15 and NPPF compliant flood risk assessments;
• Preparing outline SuDS concept designs to support planning applications;
• Water balance modelling and water resource assessments for mining projects;
• Preparing technical reports and environmental impact assessment studies.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Civil Engineering or science Masters degree qualification (or equivalent);
• Experience/knowledge of flood risk assessment, SuDS and water resource studies;
• Knowledge of relevant technical and regulatory guidance;
• Excellent numerical, written, organisational and communication skills; and
• Full driving licence valid in the UK.
To apply for this position please submit your application using the link on this page.
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job