Environmental Permitting Consultant, Bristol or Manchester, UK
Office Location: Bristol
Salary: Competitive salary, agile working, comprehensive benefits package
Discipline team: Environmental Management, Permitting & Compliance
SLR has an outstanding opportunity for a Project Grade Consultant to join its busy Environmental Management, Permitting & Compliance (EMPC) team. (grades run from Graduate - Project - Senior - Associate - Principal - Technical Director). The team provide regulatory compliance and environmental management services to support the waste, industry, power and oil & gas sectors with their complex environmental legislative obligations. The services and sectors within which the team operate are key areas of growth for the business. Applications are invited from candidates who can demonstrate some degree of consultancy/industry/regulatory experience, as well as from graduates seeking their first professional role.
The position presents an excellent opportunity to join an experienced team of specialists, supported by a multidisciplinary range of experts in the fields of air quality, noise, hydrogeology, process engineering and more.
SLR is a truly multinational consultancy and offers significant potential for career development and enhancement based on performance. Our “one team” culture, flat management structure and straightforward approach to project and budget management gives everyone the opportunity to progress and to work on interesting projects with valued clients.
The individual will be mentored by the team and gain a breadth of knowledge to go on to provide the project oversight services strongly valued by our clients and assist with developing new business opportunities.
We strive to ensure that opportunities for both new starters and for existing staff are open to all, and we have family friendly policies aimed at helping staff balance the needs of professional and family life. These include remote working facilities, as well as the potential for part time, job share and other flexible working arrangements.
Along with a competitive salary, candidates will receive a comprehensive range of benefits including BUPA, business-class travel insurance, life cover, pension and much more.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful applicant will support the team in a diverse range of compliance and environmental management matters including preparation of environmental permit applications, undertaking of audits and development of environmental management systems, within the waste, industry and energy sectors.
The individual would be expected to:
• deliver technical work under the supervision of senior colleagues;
• build professional knowledge by keeping up to date with trends and best practice in environmental permitting;
• organise self to be on time and deliver work as agreed;
• be positive and professional;
• understand the importance of client relationships and build rapport with clients; and
• act in a way which is aligned with and supports others according to SLR’s “One Team 5Bs” - Be Safe, Belong, Be Yourself, Be Trusted, Be Successful.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
We are seeking an individual who:
• Has a relevant degree plus a basic knowledge of environmental permitting legislation and guidance, an understanding of environmental issues and management of impacts.
• Is professional and can communicate effectively.
• Can think analytically, reframe problems and identify solutions.
• Can work as part of a team and on own initiative.
• Builds strong, lasting relationships with others.
• Is effective at managing their time and has a “can do” attitude.
• Possesses graduate level membership of a relevant professional body.
• Has report writing skills and competent Microsoft software suite user (Word and Excel)
• Holds a full drivers licence valid in the UK
Closing date - 10th April 2020
To apply for this position please submit your application using the link on this page.
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job