Experienced Acoustic Consultant, Australia
Office Location: Newcastle
Discipline team: Acoustics & Vibration
About the business
SLR Consulting Australia Pty Ltd (SLR) is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
About the role
Due to the strategic growth within SLR's internationally recognised Acoustic and Vibration discipline, we have a great opportunity for an Associate or Principal Consultant to join this very successful group.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in leading, facilitating and coordinating major acoustic projects. The candidate will have the ability to enhance the service delivery, technical expertise, performance and stature of the Company and its staff nationally and internationally.
The role specifically requires a high level of commitment to provide business development and operational support to the Technical Discipline Manager and other members of the team. You will facilitate this by drawing on your own experience and developing and utilising the skills and experience of other staff in the team. You will work with the wider team to deliver noise and vibration services in the Hunter Region and Nationally.
About the candidate
The ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or Science (ideally mechanical or electrical engineering, environmental engineering, physics or mathematics).
- Extensive experience with noise monitoring equipment and 3D computer noise models (SoundPLAN, CadnaA etc);
- High level of competency in both environmental and architectural acoustics;
- Leadership and/or managerial qualifications and skills;
- A high level of project management experience operating preferably in a consulting environment;
- A proven track record of winning and delivering acoustic and vibration projects in the Hunter Region;
- Recognised technical expertise in acoustics and vibration within the consulting industry;
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience in noise and vibration consulting (either in Australia or overseas);
- High level communication skills, and
- Demonstrated skills in sector development and client relationship management.
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices.
Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and an innovative benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions and a 'people first' culture.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job