Global Quality and Business Processes Manager, UK
Office Location: Manchester
Salary: Competitve salary, comprehensive benefits inc pension, BUPA, life cover, car allowance and much more
It’s an exciting time to be part of SLR. As one of few specialist global Environmental and Advisory consultancies, with ambitious plans for organic and acquisitional growth backed by our investment partners, Charterhouse, 2020 will be a busy year. Consequently, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Global Quality and Business Processes Manager with both technical consultancy delivery and operational management experience to help lead continuing development of the policies, processes and management systems that manage risk and facilitate the smooth running of the business.
Ideally based in the UK (Manchester/North West), alongside our Group Support Services Director, the role will have a global remit and is viewed as critical in terms of supporting SLR’s ambitious plans for growth in forthcoming years.
The person joining will have a varied and challenging role, of significant importance on a global basis and will enjoy the opportunities and rewards associated with such a position.
Our staff enjoy agile working, which allows them to tailor their working hours around core business hours in a way that works for them and their unique personal circumstances. We have a structured career framework and regular reviews to help ensure our staff can take advantage of all opportunities to progress.
Along with a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days annual leave (excluding public holidays); flexible working arrangements; car allowance; private health cover; death-in-service cover; professional membership subscription; and pension
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working closely with the Group Support Services Director, global and regional support services leads and teams, the successful candidate will:
• Develop, deliver and implement a wide range of improvements in business processes, management systems, global policies and processes, audits and other related activities
• Ensure that corporate and operational systems follow best practice and meet the needs of a growing and evolving dynamic global business.
• Work with the Group Support Services Director on insurance, risk management, and legal and contractual management within the business
• Help manage integration of new organisations to the business, ensuring that the transition to SLR’s systems and procedures goes smoothly.
• Update policies and associated processes and systems, and co-ordinate with a global network of quality and other managers in the implementation phases.
Recent projects have included the combination of regional quality management systems into a single ISO90001 accredited system, and the roll-out of a range of new business processes and system improvements across the group. Future plans where involvement is envisaged also include the development and implementation of a global combined QHSE management system.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Substantial experience in technical delivery within a consulting organisation, before moving into an Operational Management capacity
- Management system (Quality, H&S, Environment) development and management experience
- Business operational management experience including some or all of the following: process development/implementation, contractual T&C and commercial management, insurance and risk management
- Experience of working in management within a globally operational business, and influencing and effecting change at a senior/executive level
- The ability to translate legislative and best practice changes into effective policy and core business process/procedural changes on a global level, and manage the subsequent roll-out and implementation of these
Applications and Enquiries
*NO AGENCIES PLEASE*
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
To apply, please complete the online application form below
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job