Office Location: Brisbane
Discipline team: Hydrology & Hydrogeology
Job DescriptionAbout the business and the role
SLR Consulting is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognized reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices throughout the Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa regions, SLR Consulting is one of a very small number of leading international specialist environmental consultancies.
SLR is looking to recruit a junior Hydrogeologist to join our fantastic Hydrology & Hydrogeology team in Brisbane. We have an excellent career opportunity within our Land and Water team for a full-time Hydrogeologist to join our Hydrology & Hydrogeology discipline. You will be based in our Brisbane office and work closely with our senior team to ensure the delivery of quality environmental services to our internal and external clients.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitor, measure and analyse the earth’s surface and groundwater resources through SLR practices and procedures
- Perform field studies and ground and drill hole surveys
- Prepare reports based on research undertaken for the clients
- Carry out surveys to determine the resources present on site by sampling, examining and analyzing specimens and samples using various techniques
- Assisting in the development and implementation of team business plans and strategies, where appropriate
- Preparing quality reports for internal and external clients, on time and within set budgets
- Project managing small to medium projects to produce high quality Environmental Management documentation (i.e. technical studies and environmental approvals)
- Developing, facilitating and enhancing relationships between our internal and external clients and SLR team members
- Providing advice and assistance to internal and external clients, team members and project manager’s on projects regarding best principles and practices
- Administrative and financial management tasks including budget preparation and monitoring, accurate and timely responses to requests as required by project demands and timelines
Skills and experience
To do this effectively you’ll have:
- University qualifications (Bachelor Degree or higher) in Science, specializing in Hydrogeology or a related field
- Any practical experience in the field of hydrogeology with demonstrated skills in the areas of data analysis, report writing, groundwater bore drilling and construction and groundwater monitoring and sampling would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of QLD groundwater legislation and policies, standards and guidelines
- Experience in groundwater field work is desirable
- In depth theoretical and practical knowledge and skills.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- A clean driver’s licence.
- Willingness to travel domestically to undertake monitoring projects.
- Australian citizenship/working rights are essential.
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices.
Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we’d love to hear from you.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job