IT Solutions Architect, South West England, UK
Office Location: UK
Salary: Competitive salary guide circa £45k plus excellent benefits inc car allowance, pension, BUPA + more
Discipline team: IT
SLR has a great opportunity for an experienced IT Solutions Architect to join the group team in supporting the global business in the management and development of the IT infrastructure.
SLR Consulting Ltd is a growing successful global employee-controlled consultancy with 1500 staff working across a range of Environmental and Engineering disciplines. Our busy IT team provide an invaluable range of internal support services to facilitate the smooth operation of staff activities on a day to day basis.
The successful candidate will be capable of working under their own initiative and setting their own workload targets. You will be working as a member of a small specialist team, so you will have a key role in providing the company with a technical roadmap moving forward as well as the design of the projects you are working on.
This represents a fantastic opportunity to really make your mark on a rapidly expanding company with a great reputation in a friendly and collaborative team. The organisation uses the latest technologies and are constantly 'ahead of the curve' when it comes to the infrastructure you would be working with.
The role itself will suit an individual with strong all-round experience of IT support, particularly on the cloud and networking side, who is looking to move into a position with more autonomy in a project-based position.
We have a structured career framework and regular reviews to help ensure our staff can take advantage of all opportunities to progress. Our staff enjoy agile working, which allows them to tailor their working hours around core business hours in a way that works for them and their unique personal circumstances.
Along with a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days annual leave (excluding public holidays); flexible working arrangements; car allowance; private health cover; death-in-service cover; professional membership subscription; and pension.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To compete project work on time and to required standards
• Design and Plan Migration of on premise to Azure services and applications
• Updating/creating documentation such as project plans, procedures and guidance documentation on IT systems new and existing, with ideas and improvements.
• Review and identify areas of improvement in team processes
• Have a willingness to work outside of core business hours (0900-1730) throughout the week or weekend
• Analytically investigate problems and provide methodical steps to attempt resolution
• Plan, schedule and deploy changes (both business and infrastructure driven) and provide guidance to colleagues undertaking these tasks themselves
• Coaching and mentoring of other team members, including the Service Desk
• Keep up to date with industry change and best practices
PERSON SPECIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
TECHNICAL SKILLS / ABILITIES / EXPERIENCE:
• Azure (Virtual Environment, Intune, Scale Sets, 3rd Part SSO, AD and Security)
• Office 365 (Exchange Online, S4B, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, Security)
• Project Management
• Windows Server
• DNS, MX and email Security
• SQL Server
• Network Security
• PowerShell for automation of common system tasks
• Migration planning for mergers & acquisitions
• Experience with ISO 27001 / Cyber Essentials
• Extensive knowledge of data privacy laws (Data Protection Act / GDPR)
• Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery
• Data Storage / Archive Solutions
• Experience with Environmental Consultancy services
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION / MEMBERSHIP:
• A LEVEL or Higher Education C grade or above
• Microsoft Certification
• Bachelor's degree in computer engineering or computer science
• Degree level IT qualification
• Prince2, Agile, Scrum
• Precise attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize tasks.
• Advanced organizational skills.
• Analytical skills
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Access to a suitable method of transport to commute to and from place of work
To apply for this position please submit your application using the link on this page.
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job