Power Sector Leader - Europe, UK
Office Location: UK
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, agile working & family friendly policies
SLR provides global environmental and advisory solutions from a network of offices throughout Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific and Africa. We deliver advice and support on a wide range of strategic and project-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and government clients. We advise our clients on major projects with multi-disciplinary teams that work under the guidance of senior SLR professionals. We specialise in the oil and gas, mining and minerals, infrastructure, built environment, financial services, industry and power sectors. SLR offers rewarding careers to all its staff supported by the five elements of our business: Our Culture, Our Clients, Our People, Our Business and Our Communities with our ‘one team culture’ being the foundation on which our company is built. For more information, please visit our website: www.slrconsulting.com
We currently have an outstanding opportunity for a senior management professional to join our team as Regional Power Sector Leader. This is an exciting time in the company’s development as we look to further grow and develop our Power offering across Europe. The role will also see the successful candidate joining our European Management Team as well as the European Sector Leader Team, to support the strategic direction and planning within the region.
SLR currently has an unrivalled reputation for advising clients on all aspects of Power and it has excellent capabilities and market penetration in areas such as wind and solar, biomass, energy from waste, AD, hydro as well as electricity transmission. SLR has a growing international Power business and the successful candidate would need to work with colleagues, both in Europe and further afield, to maximise the development of these opportunities.
We strive to ensure that opportunities for both new starters and for existing staff are open to all, and we have family friendly policies aimed at helping staff balance the needs of professional and family life. These include remote working facilities, as well as the potential for part time, job share and other flexible working arrangements. Along with a competitive salary, candidates will receive a comprehensive range of benefits including BUPA, business-class travel insurance, life cover, pension and much more.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to our Regional Manager for Europe and working with other key members of the European Management Team, you will have responsibility for driving strategic growth of the Power sector across the region. As well as providing inspiring and engaging leadership, you will also play a key role in the region’s Priority Client Programme as well as ensuring positive outcomes for both the business and our Power sector clients. You will be responsible for all aspects of the leadership, management and development of the European Power Sector, which includes:
• Contributing to the development of the Regional Business Plan as part of the Regional Management Team
• Determining the strategic direction of the SLR Power sector business identifying geographies, clients and services to target
• Delivering of the power sector business plan growth and budget
• Identifying opportunities in the power sector where SLR may be able to move into by expanding service offerings or capabilities and also potential risks in the market place
• Increasing the profile of SLR with power sector clients
• Building relationships with senior level personnel within power sector client organisations
• Supporting the Client Account Managers of Power Sector clients and build relationships with the priority power sector clients
• Providing leadership of key power sector clients, projects proposals and opportunities
• Ensuring the accurate reporting of power sector opportunities and increasing the pipeline.
• Working with key stakeholders to identify the recruitment needs for power sector expertise and support the recruitment process
• Leading and motivating the ‘power sector’ team and engage in frequent communications with the team
• Working with the marketing team and others to deliver a communications plan for the power sector, including internal and external communications on new projects, thought leadership articles, new regulatory requirements etc
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
• Culture – always demonstrates a safety ethos and an ability to work alongside and support others acting as a role model.
• Leadership - demonstrates strong leadership and management of the sector and clients.
• Financial – responsible for performance against revenue and profitability targets as well as budget preparation.
• Business Development - works with others to build and develop client relationships within the context of a Priority Client Programme and broader regional client management priorities.
• Strategic - contributes to the development of a European Business Plan as part of the European Management Team, working actively with the multiple stakeholders to assess business risks, growth opportunities, resourcing requirements and priorities.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES & EXPERIENCE (aligned to SLR’s Career Framework)
• Safety leadership – evidence of achieving safety excellence by role modelling ‘safety first’ behaviour and through consistent adherence to policy and safety management.
• Visionary Leadership of Sector through effective thought leadership, business and client development, communication and engagement both internally and externally.
• Evidence of building and maintaining Client relationships in accordance with agreed priorities and overall responsibility for the development of the pipeline.
• Ability to influence a wide variety of stakeholders across a broad spectrum of performance situations.
• Strong financial management and effective communication skills
• Experience of accurately reporting and managing a pipeline of work
• Has a proven ability to contribute to the development of regional business plans and budgets which includes an assessment of business risks, growth opportunities, resourcing requirements and priorities and can actively manage performance against these.
• Has an ability to manage operational risk at proposal stage by ensuring go/no go decisions.
• Can monitor any large or high risk or strategically important opportunities and projects and provide support to ensure a successful outcome.
• A broad range of experience covering a range of services including e.g. ESIA, Planning, Advisory
• Knowledge of Talent Management, Staff Development and Succession Planning initiatives
• Mentoring and coaching techniques
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
• Membership of a professional body
• Ambitious and proactive, passionate and optimistic
• Courageous – will step outside of comfort zone
• Excellent at client management & development
• Flexible and change orientated
• Gravitas (personal impact, presence and confidence)
• Growth mindset
• Integrity and honesty
• Leads by example – role model– inspires respect and trust
• Politically and emotionally astute (stakeholder management)
• Resilient (responds well to setbacks)
• Responds well to pressure and scrutiny
• Results orientated
• Strategically minded – a big picture thinker
• Willingness to make decisions Desirable
• Full driving license Desirable
• Able to undertake short term travel within the European Region and further overseas
To apply for this position, please use the online application button on this page to submit a CV and covering letter.
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job