Principal Landfill & Waste Infrastructure Engineer, Australia
Office Location: Australia
Discipline team: Waste & Resources Management
Job DescriptionAbout the business and role
SLR Consulting is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognized reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices throughout the Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa regions, SLR Consulting is one of a very small number of leading international specialist environmental consultancies.
We have an excellent career opportunity within our Waste and Resource Management team for an Engineer to join our team with flexibility to be based in NSW (Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong). You will work closely within the senior team to ensure the delivery of quality environments outcomes, practical engineering solutions and construction supervision advisory services to our internal and external clients.
Job tasks and responsibilities
You will have an entrepreneurial mindset and have the ability to do the following:
• Undertake engineering design and supervision of construction projects including landfills, refuse transfer stations and associated infrastructure;
• Site planning, scheme master planning and coordination of site investigation
• Preparation of project and task specific health and safety plans including Safety and Design risk assessments and reporting;
• Project Managing to produce high quality Environmental Management, Construction and Advisory documentation (i.e. design reports, technical studies, construction quality assurance reports);
• Preparing quality reports for internal and external clients on time and within set budget;
• Contributing to winning work by developing proposals, identifying and converting opportunities and drawing on your client relationships;
• Developing, facilitating and enhancing relationships between our internal and external clients and SLR team members
Skills and experience
As a positive and engaging candidate you will also display the following:
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, specializing in Civil, Environmental or Geotechnical disciplines;
• 15+ years practical experience in Waste and Resource Management within a consultancy;
• Demonstrated ability in Engineering design, construction supervision, data analysis, report writing and environmental assessments;
• Working knowledge of Australian and New Zealand environmental legislation and policies, standards an guidelines;
• The ability to work autonomously and collaborate with other disciplines within the business;
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices.
Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we’d love to hear from you.
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job