Principal Sustainability Consultant, Australia
Office Location: Melbourne
Discipline team: CFD, Wind & Energy
Job DescriptionAbout the business and role
SLR Consulting is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices throughout the Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa regions, SLR is one of a very small number of leading international specialist environmental consultancies.
SLR has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Sustainability Consultant to join a Built Environment and industry leading team. The role will require a high level of commitment to our clients, technical leadership within the discipline and an ability to leverage your own experience and the skills and experience of other team members both in Melbourne and the Asia Pacific region. You will work alongside other senior team leaders, mentor and supervise junior staff and be involved in high level business development and delivery of key projects.
Job tasks and responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
- Lead role within the Melbourne office in the CFD, Wind & Energy discipline where you will be an exceptional business developer and win your own projects
- Help grow and attract further staff into the team alongside a dedicated internal recruiter
- Develop and document analysis completed
- Completing projects in terms of program, profitability, technical risk management and overall Client satisfaction
- Liaise with local authorities and contractors as well as other leading consultants from other disciplines in the Melbourne office and collaborate with others on the national scene
- Adhere to professional standards, ethics and quality procedures
- Contribute to our company culture
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of consulting experience ideally on a wide range of Australian projects
- Qualification in Engineering or relevant science based education
- Demonstrated skills and expertise in Sustainability, Green Star, NABERS and Energy Rating assessments
- Strong personal professional brand in the sustainability sector and actively involved in the professional network
- Experience in building design with infrastructure/mining being beneficial
- Sound knowledge of Australian Building Codes and standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to do strategic business development with excellent client contacts and history of building pipeline of work and growing a team
- Positive, can-do attitude
Job benefits and Perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices.
Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we’d love to hear from you.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job