Senior/Associate Acoustic Consultant, Australia
Office Location: Sydney
Discipline team: Acoustics & Vibration
Job DescriptionAbout the business and the role
SLR is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices across Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa, SLR is one of a very small number of truly international specialist environmental consultancies.
SLR has a great opportunity within the APAC head office for an ambitious individual to join our high performing and friendly Acoustics & Vibration team as a Senior/Associate Acoustic Consultant. This is a full-time position based in our Sydney office, working with a great team of Acoustic Consultants you will bring strong rail/road modelling experience with you or be experienced in the infrastructure field as well as looking at built environment specialists.
If you are tired of being in a hierarchical environment and feeling held back then come join SLR where we promote within, we don’t set limits and you are given the opportunity to shine and take a lead on projects!
Job tasks and responsibilities
You will be responsible for carrying out high profile and large-scale projects which will require a broad knowledge and understanding of engineering methods and techniques to solve problems.
- You will carry out technical tasks which will require accuracy in calculations, data analysis, modelling and design which will include manipulating and managing large data sets.
- With the opportunity to work in the field of environmental noise, work in the following areas is expected; environmental noise monitoring, 3D computer noise modelling, numerical analysis of results and associated reporting.
- Infrastructure projects, in particular rail and road modelling will be your bread and butter and you will be comfortable working autonomously in this space as well as mentoring / guiding junior level staff
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will have a willingness to challenge their capabilities and be an innovative thinker as well as possess:
- A relevant bachelor degree (ideally mechanical or electrical engineering, environmental engineering or science)
- Capability and experience with coding, GIS, noise monitoring and prediction would also be favourable.
- Experience and high competency with noise monitoring equipment and/or 3D computer noise models (SoundPLAN, Cadna or ENM) is essential.
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary, flexible work environment and a positive team culture.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people and we are also relocating to a brand new office in North Sydney!
If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job