Senior / Associate Consultant, New Zealand
Office Location: Auckland
Discipline team: Acoustics & Vibration
Job DescriptionAssociate/Principal Consultant – Acoustics & Vibration
About the business and the role
SLR is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices across Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa, SLR is one of a very small number of truly international specialist environmental consultancies.
SLR has a great opportunity within the Auckland office for an ambitious individual to join our high performing and friendly Acoustics & Vibration team as an Associate/Principal Acoustic Consultant. This is a full-time position, working with a great team of Acoustic Consultants you will be experienced in the environmental acoustics field and/or built environment projects.
We have a small team in the Auckland office but it is a respectful and passionate group of Acoustic specialists. You will be part of a wider APAC team of 60+ consultants with a vast range of experience in different sectors and experience level. If you are looking for flexibility, autonomy and opportunities to push yourself then we are keen to speak to you!
Job tasks and responsibilities
You will be responsible for carrying out a range of small to large-scale projects which will require a broad knowledge and understanding of engineering methods and techniques to solve problems.
• You will carry out technical tasks which will require accuracy in calculations, data analysis, modelling and design which will include manipulating and managing large data sets.
• With the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, work in the following areas is expected; environmental noise monitoring, building acoustics, 3D computer noise modelling, numerical analysis of results and associated reporting.
• You will be comfortable mentoring / guiding junior level staff
• As well as delivering projects your role would include the opportunity to develop your business development skills to bring your own influence to the breadth and range of projects the team work on – with support from senior team members as needed.
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will have a willingness to challenge their capabilities and be an innovative thinker as well as possess:
• A relevant bachelor degree (ideally mechanical or electrical engineering, environmental engineering or science)
• Ideally you will bring 6-10+ years’ experience within a consulting environment (we will also consider more experienced consultants)
• Capability and experience with coding, GIS, noise monitoring and prediction would also be favourable.
• Experience and high competency with noise monitoring equipment and/or 3D computer noise models (SoundPLAN, CadnaA etc.) is essential.
• The ability to be self-sufficient and build on your business development skill set as we all look to contribute in this area
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary, flexible work environment and a positive team culture.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people and continue to do brilliant work. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job