Senior Hydrogeologist or Hydrologist, Dublin, Ireland
Office Location: Dublin
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits inc pension, VHI, life cover and much more
Discipline team: Hydrology & Hydrogeology
SLR has a busy, well established hydrogeology, hydrology, drainage and flood management team distributed widely throughout its European office network. Due to a steadily increasing workload we currently have an opportunity within our Dublin office for an enthusiastic and motivated Senior grade consultant to join our established Hydrogeology & Hydrology team (SLR’s grades run from Project – Senior – Associate – Principal – Technical Director). Due to SLR’s diverse nature the successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work across multiple disciplines.
This position presents an outstanding opportunity to join a large team of hydrogeologists and hydrologists and be part of SLR’s Water Environment group which also comprises flood risk and drainage specialists, geomorphologists and geochemists.
Along with a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days annual leave (excluding public holidays); flexible working arrangements; private health cover with VHI; death-in-service cover; professional membership subscription; and pension.
Our staff enjoy agile working, which allows them to tailor their working hours around core business hours in a way that works for them and their unique personal circumstances. We have a structured career framework and regular reviews to help ensure our staff can take advantage of all opportunities to progress.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities would include:
• Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIAR) water chapters for quarry, power and built environment projects;
• Development of Conceptual Site Models;
• Permitting / Licencing, including Discharge Licences and Industrial Emissions Licencing;
• Site work including management and supervision of drilling and water sampling; and
• Technical report writing and review.
It is desirable that applicants have some experience of using GIS software.
The role will involve undertaking site work, which may include working away from home for short periods and attending client meetings both locally and further afield as required.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• A relevant degree level qualification and ideally an appropriate Hydrogeology or Hydrology postgraduate level qualification.
• Hydrogeological or Hydrological experience gained in a consultancy or similar commercial environment post-graduation including project management and delivery.
• Demonstrable experience in the development of hydrogeological and/or hydrological conceptual site models, site work including drilling and sampling water; and all associated Water Environment report writing.
• Full current driving license
To apply for this position please submit your application at: www.slrconsulting.com/careers
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 24th January 2020
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job