Service Line Operations Manager - Land & Water, Australia
Office Location: Australia
Job DescriptionService Line Operation Manager – Land & Water
About the business and the role
SLR is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. SLR is one of few truly international specialist environmental consultancies that provide both highly flexible working conditions and the support to achieve individual and team success.
SLR has a great opportunity within the Regional Management Team for an ambitious individual to lead the land and water service line. This is a full-time position with flexibility on location across one of our many Australian offices. We’re primarily looking for individuals with passion and knowledge in the land and water sector who have an entrepreneurial mind. You will be well connected in the industry, able to bring many disciplines together by collaborating effectively with others and have excellent commercial acumen. Our wider management team all work hard, have a lot of fun doing it and share success across the business!
Job tasks and responsibilities
Reporting to the Asia Pacific (APAC) Regional Manager, you will be responsible for leading activities in the service line operation to ensure successful project delivery, sustainable business performance and motivate staff. You will have a range of responsibilities in line with projects, financials, behaviours and health and safety which include:
- Ensures Operation’s Work in Hand (WIH) pipeline is accurately reported and actively managed
- Responsible for preparing Service Line budget for the Operation and relevant Technical Disciplines (for approval by Regional Manager)
- Responsible for managing Operation’s working capital in line with agreed targets
- As a senior regional leader, sets an example of constructive and collaborative behaviour recognising that they are a role model for others within the business
- Actively works with and supports other Regional Service Line Managers in ensuring workload balancing and efficient working across technical discipline teams and the region
- Promotes SLR Health and Safety culture through proactive safety leadership and staff engagement
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will have a willingness to challenge their capabilities, be an innovative thinker and possess:
- Actively supports others, recognising that others’ role objectives, perspectives and challenges may be different from their own
- The ability to build rapport quickly with other senior managers and technical discipline managers within their group
- Mentoring staff and setting clear career development pathways, supporting staff as necessary and lead commercial aspects of proposals
- Works with Regional Sector Leaders to prioritise work winning activity in accordance with agreed Sector and Client priorities
- Contributes to the development of the regional business plan which includes assessing business risk, growth opportunities and resourcing requirements
- Works with Regional Sector Leaders and TDMs to balance Operation’s workload and resourcing to meet utilisation and productivity targets
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary, flexible work environment and a positive team culture. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job