South West Region Ecology Lead (Associate/Principal) - Bristol, Exeter or Bradford on Avon, UK
Office Location: Bristol
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits inc BUPA, pension, car allowance, life cover + more
Discipline team: Ecology
O ur well-established and respected Ecology team has a strong presence covering the South west region as well as working on other national projects. We are seeking to hire someone who can take up and develop the important role of a regional team leader driving both team growth and development alongside maintaining the delivery of a high quality technical service. As well as playing a key role in the delivery of existing projects, you will have the opportunity to expand, diversify and grow the portfolio of ecological projects and clients within the region and make a real contribution to SLR’s Ecology team in the south West.
The position could be based in any of our South West region offices, in Bristol, Exeter or Bradford on Avon. Some time spent in our Exeter office will be necessary form this role, to provide mentorship and support to the Ecologists based within this office.
With over 30 experienced Ecology professionals undertaking a wide range of projects throughout the UK, SLR Consulting leads the way in providing exemplar advice and services. We have a real passion for what we do and due to continued commercial success and a very healthy work book, we have fantastic opportunities for experienced professionals to become part of the SLR team.
SLR’s Bristol office hosts a diverse range of other SLR technical disciplines within recently refurbished listed premises in the Temple Meads area, offering a great working environment convenient for the city centre and direct mainline transport routes.
Within Exeter, the office is based in Heavitree, convenient for the city centre, and with good links to both public transport/park and ride as well as accessible for the M5, A38 and A30.
The successful candidate would be joining an employee owned, highly successful, international multi-disciplinary consultancy with an established ecological presence in the UK.
Applications are sought from ecologists with experience of business development, preferably gained in a commercial consultancy environment, and with strong field skills including habitat and protected species surveys.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Managing / overseeing projects, advising clients on schemes such as mixed use and residential developments, minerals/waste projects, infrastructure and energy projects throughout the South West region.
• Preparation of fee proposals, report writing and technical review work
• Supervision / mentoring of ecology staff and team development
• Liaising with technical staff in other UK office.
• Seeking opportunities through coordinated business development to expand ecology and other services and capabilities in the region.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Demonstrable Ecological Consultancy experience inc surveying/working with protected species and all associated report preparation
• Proven capabilities in project winning, delivery and management – and of team management, supervision and growth
• Experience within a range of sectors including residential/mixed use, infrastructure, minerals and waste, and energy.
• Relevant degree level qualification plus appropriate level of membership of CIEEM or equivalent
• Full driving license
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job