Technical Discipline Manager - H&H, Australia
Office Location: Australia
Discipline team: Hydrology & Hydrogeology
Job DescriptionAbout the business and the role
SLR Consulting Australia Pty Ltd (SLR) is an international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
As Technical Discipline Manager – Hydrology & Hydrogeology, you will lead our national team providing consulting services in Australia and New Zealand. Using your excellent technical, business and people management skills, you will work autonomously and with the support of the Service Line Operations Manager and other highly skilled consultants across the SLR Divisions. This will include but not limited to delivering results across revenue generation, team growth and career development and assignment of project work and productivity.
SLR has one of Australia’s largest teams of specialists, with 35 consultants in Hydrology & Hydrogeology ranging from Graduates to Technical Directors. With five direct reports (team leads) and the rest in the wider group indirectly you will be comfortable with engaging with various levels of staff. We have a focus on quality and working at the forefront of the Hydrology & Hydrogeology industry and are seeking an enthusiastic leader with the employee’s best interests at heart to share their technical knowledge and contribute in project delivery and management. As an equal opportunity employer SLR offers flexible work arrangements, and with many office locations you have the opportunity to be based in either in QLD, NSW or VIC.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Provides management of the activities of the Technical Discipline so as to ensure successful project delivery, client satisfaction, sustainable business performance and motivated staff
- Work with Regional Sector Leaders and other Technical Discipline Managers to plan for and successfully resource all proposals and projects
- Identify specific regional marketing opportunities and business development opportunities across a range of industries
- Provide active leadership of staff, supported by coaching and mentoring, within the Technical Discipline to ensure an engaged and motivated workforce
- Work with the Operations Manager to balance workload to meet utilization and productivity targets to ensure successful project outcomes
Skills and experience
To be successful in the role you are likely to have:
- Appropriate Science or Engineering tertiary qualifications and relevant Hydrology & Hydrogeology industry experience
- 10 years’ + experience (ideally within consulting) with the demonstrated ability to lead and mentor a team of specialist consultants
- High level knowledge of related legislation and guidelines as applied to resource, development and infrastructure projects across Australia
- Ability to maintain, build and strengthen client and business relationships
- Demonstrated experience in providing Hydrology & Hydrogeology services across industry such as oil and gas, mining and infrastructure
- Exceptional communication and professional report writing skills
- Demonstrated team leadership, business management and project management skills
- Australian citizenship/working rights are essential
Job Benefits and perks
At SLR we value our staff and look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, opportunities for regional travel, interaction with SLR staff globally and with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job