Sustainability Strategy: ‘One Planet’ Principles (AUS)
Barangaroo is a 22 hectare parcel of land located at Hickson Road, Millers Point on Sydney Harbour. The site is the focus of a Concept Plan and State Significant Proposal which will govern its future redevelopment. Developed by the NSW Government, the Concept Plan incorporates guidelines for the mix, scale, location and height of proposed land uses including approximately 400,000 m2 of gross floor area designated for commercial, retail, hotel, residential and community uses. More than half of the 22 hectare site will be new parkland.
Sydney, New South Wales
Baulderstone Pty Ltd
SLR’s Sustainability team managed this multi-disciplinary project and was commissioned by one of the tendering contractors (now shortlisted) to provide the environmental and sustainability components associated with this tender. The approach was to be aligned with the One Planet action plan principles which require a development to be zero carbon, zero waste, and use water and other materials sustainably.
Working in close consultation with the Contractor’s Bid Team, SLR Consulting:
- Provided sustainable procurement advice
- Provided environmental compliance advice
- Provided general sustainability advice
- Evaluated key design solutions for reuse of materials and associated carbon benefits
- Developed management plans for key environmental related issues
- Developed a sustainability management plan that conformed with the One Planet principles and with AGIC sustainability principles
- Ensured that the construction methodologies addressed and aligned with the One Planet principles