Oil & Gas Overview
The Oil & Gas team is hand-picked and comprises geoscientists; reservoir, petroleum and facilities engineers; economists; and commercial and financial experts with most offering over 20 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry.
Transactional Due Diligence
The oil and gas industry is a core business sector for SLR, and we have a long and successful track record supporting our clients as they explore, develop, process, and transport products to market. Our technical expertise spans the industry lifecycle from initial site planning and assessment through ongoing support for multi–year compliance programs and site decommissioning. SLR’s international network of offices provides clients with an integrated range of services and consistent high quality support on a global basis.
- Acoustic and vibration monitoring
- Air quality permitting and compliance
- Commercial, financial, and technical analyses
- Compliance management and process improvement
- Environmental impact assessment
- Risk assessment and toxicology
- Social engagement and stakeholder relations
- Management systems
- Oil spill prevention, preparedness, and response
- Ambient air and meteorological monitoring
- Process safety and process engineering
- Project permitting
- Site remediation and restoration
- Transactional management and due diligence
- Strategic management advice
- Stakeholder engagement and social license to operate
- Waste management
- Water and wastewater treatment and compliance
International Oil & Gas Sector Expertise
- Global Compliance and Management System Framework – SLR personnel have played key roles in the preparation of a worldwide health, safety, security, and environmental management system framework, including expectations for key compliance processes.
- Air Monitoring Program – SLR has developed numerous air monitoring programs that provide procedures to obtain accurate and reliable air concentration data for screening against acute public exposure criteria.
- Major Spill Response – SLR personnel provided initial AERMOD modeling for several in-situ flaring scenarios from recovery vessels as required by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for a major spill response effort in Gulf of Mexico.
- Global Waste Guidance and Management Framework – SLR developed waste management guidance to form part of a confidential client’s Asset Retirement Obligation (ARO) management framework documents for decommissioning activities.
- Process Safety Improvements – SLR assisted a refining company to assess its process safety management system and identified management system changes to improve performance.
- Noise Survey, Modeling, and Control – SLR provided acoustic services for LNG regasification, liquefaction, and related facilities in Texas and Louisiana.
- Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) Planning – SLR provided EHS planning for construction phase of large LNG development.
- Integrated EHS Management System – SLR personnel facilitated development of an integrated EHS management system for the combined organization, Anadarko/Kerr McGee/Western, following their merger. This included using our Pathfinder Matrix® process to work with the executive leadership team on setting the future EHS direction for the company. We subsequently facilitated development of the implementation plan, gap analysis tool, and audit protocols.
- Merger Planning – SLR personnel led the Dow/Union Carbide EHS Integration Team for eight months in advance of the merger of these two chemical company giants. The team considered synergies, decided on a common EHS management system, incorporated global best practices, designed the combined EHS function, and identified key Day One activities.
- Issues Forums – SLR personnel run issues forums in Houston that are exclusively for leading company global heads of EHS in their respective industries. The forums cover global issues, refining, upstream, and process safety. The forums provide an opportunity for members to discuss issues of critical importance to them, learn how peers are thinking about these issues, emerge with ideas for creatively managing these issues, and form a network of peers that can be consulted informally.
- Oil majors
- Law firms, attorneys, and professional services
- Logistics and utilities
- Large and mid-sized oil companies
- Pipelines, logistics, and utilities
Air Quality Support (US)
Ambient Air & Meteorological Monitoring (US)
Coal Seam Gas Field EA Review and Modelling Study (AUS)
Environmental Consulting Services (CAN)
Environmental Resources for CSG to LNG Project (AUS)
Gas Field Decommissioning (AUS)
Holistic Impact Assessment (CAN)
Multiple Site & Portfolio Risk Assessment (US)
Oil Spill Waste Management Plan (UK)
Shale Gas Groundwater Quality Services (US)
Slr Technical Service Oil Gas Services
Lisa Haas (Global)Close
Ms. Haas has over 30 years' of experience specialising in oil and gas as well as mining industries, including exploration and production, pipelines, refining, chemicals, retail and shipping. She has worked to improve or implement environmental, health and safety (EHS) systems and compliance processes for clients around the world, including the United States, Canada, Africa, Asia, Middle East, Europe and Russia.
Andrew Bradbury (Afr)Close
Andrew has 24 years’ experience in international Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and Environmental and Social Due Diligence (ESDD) gained in the Oil and Gas, Power, Infrastructure and Urban Development Sectors. He has worked in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa.
His areas of experience covers: Environmental and Social Impact Assessment, Environmental and Planning and Management, Environmental and Social Due Diligence, Compliance, Training and Policy work.
Rob Traynor (CA)Close
Rob Traynor is the National Director and Managing Principal for Oil and Gas in Canada and is based in Calgary, Alberta. Rob has spent the majority of his career in the Environmental marketplace and brings to SLR over 20 years of experience in Strategy, Client Relations and Operational Management. In Canada Rob leads a team of knowledgeable oil and gas practitioners who work collaboratively to understand client needs and deliver well managed, practical solutions for our clients. Rob is passionate about Client Satisfaction and relationships and is an active member of the Oil and Gas community in Canada.
Mark Caslin (APac)Close
Mark is responsible for overseeing and providing direction on various environmental projects in the oil and gas sector which have involvement from a range of specialist technical skills including noise, vibration, air quality, land quality, water quality, occupational hygiene and HAZMAT, ecology and waste management.
He has approximately seventeen years’ experience as an environmental consultant and as a project manager/project director. This has included management of numerous multidisciplinary environmental teams with the view to preparing environmental impact assessment reports for submission to regulatory agencies.
Robert Jeffries (EUR)Close
Rob Jeffries is SLR’s
Oil & Gas Sector lead for Europe and is based in the UK. Rob has 30 years’
consulting & advisory experience and has worked extensively in the Oil
& Gas sector throughout this time.