LNG Facility Acoustics
SLR is at the forefront of providing a wide range of environmental, engineering, and socioeconomic services to support every stage of the oil and gas value chain, from upstream exploration to downstream markets, both onshore and offshore.
For liquefied natural gas (LNG), SLR provides specialized environmental services during permitting and front-end design, and on to operations.
Our studies cover:
- LNG import and regasification terminals
- LNG export liquefaction, processing, and loading facilities
- Associated compression and gas processing facilities
- HDD and pipeline construction activities.
SLR has a long history of involvement in the oil and gas industry, and many of our multinational oil and gas clients have relied on SLR services for over two decades. SLR combines a technical knowledge of the natural gas business with infrastructure planning capabilities to support companies through the complex gas-to-market decision-making process.
Our team of specialists provide expert services for LNG operations across the following core areas:
- Geoscience, technical, and commercial support
- Air quality
- Acoustics, noise, and vibration
- Environmental studies, impact assessments, and mitigation
- Environmental and socio-economic risk management for sustainable project development
- Underwater acoustics
- Water management
- Project approvals, permits, and stakeholder engagement
- Implementation of environmental management plans
- Data management
- Health, safety, and environment (HSE) compliance and management systems
- "As Low As Reasonably Practical" (ALARP) studies
- Safety process management optimization
- Transactional and strategic business advice
- Spill prevention, preparedness, and response planning
- Litigation support and expert witness
- Site restoration (assessment and remediation)
Regulatory and Compliance Experience
SLR has demonstrated experience with regulators and has the ability to provide strategic advice and tactical "fit-for-purpose" planning to manage risk based on the importance of the asset. We have experience in implementing management systems, compliance assurance, and auditing within the economic and field realities of our clients.