Mine Waste Engineering
The SLR mine waste and water management team provide international expertise from several global locations.
The SLR team has set itself apart as leaders in heap leach and tailings facility design, and water management and closure planning and design - who delivers world class engineering solutions. The SLR team of experts deliver effective solutions through an understanding of the sustainability challenges associated with all phases of a mine development.
How SLR can help?
SLR provides a complete consulting service associated with all mine residue facilities, for all stages of a scheme lifecycle. Services include:
- Tailings, heap leach and waste management facility design including site selection studies, geometric design, rheology, disposal method design, and life of mine development plans.
- Facility safety requirements including material characterization, stability assessments, flow slide analyses, earthquake analyses, freeboard and overtopping risk assessments.
- Environmental and social impact mitigation solutions. SLR has in depth capability in the modelling and design of a wide range of environmental impact mitigation measures, drawing on a wide ranging technical expertise
- Commercial and contractual management services include tendering, adjudication and supervision of construction contracts, commissioning and operation.
- Closure planning which is integrated into our design process from concept design stage onwards.
Main SLR Offering
- International expertise: SLR offers world class mine residue design and review expertise from several geographic centres around the world. Our experience covers most commodities, a vast range of materials, rheology’s and climates.
- Full life cycle support: From initial feasibility through planning and into construction, operation, decommissioning and aftercare.
- Integration of key expertise: Our broad ranging expertise provides an integrated full life cycle solution that enhances the social license to operate for a mining company.