Oil & Gas Advisory Services
The Advisory Services team is hand-picked and comprises geoscientists; reservoir, petroleum and facilities engineers; economists; and commercial and financial experts with most offering over 20 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry.
The oil and gas industry is a core business sector for SLR, and we have a long and successful track record supporting our clients as they explore, develop, process, and transport products to market. Our technical expertise spans the industry lifecycle from initial site planning and assessment through ongoing support for multi–year compliance programs and site decommissioning. SLR’s international network of offices provides clients with an integrated range of services and consistent high quality support on a global basis.
- Acoustic and vibration monitoring
- Air quality permitting and compliance
- Commercial, financial, and technical analyses
- Compliance management and process improvement
- Environmental impact assessment
- Risk assessment and toxicology
- Social engagement and stakeholder relations
- Management systems
- Oil spill prevention, preparedness, and response
- Ambient air and meteorological monitoring
- Process safety and process engineering
- Project permitting
- Site remediation and restoration
- Transactional management and due diligence
- Strategic management advice
- Stakeholder engagement and social license to operate
- Waste management
- Water and wastewater treatment and compliance
International Oil & Gas Sector Expertise
- Global Compliance and Management System Framework – SLR personnel have played key roles in the preparation of a worldwide health, safety, security, and environmental management system framework, including expectations for key compliance processes.
- Air Monitoring Program – SLR has developed numerous air monitoring programs that provide procedures to obtain accurate and reliable air concentration data for screening against acute public exposure criteria.
- Major Spill Response – SLR personnel provided initial AERMOD modeling for several in-situ flaring scenarios from recovery vessels as required by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for a major spill response effort in Gulf of Mexico.
- Global Waste Guidance and Management Framework – SLR developed waste management guidance to form part of a confidential client’s Asset Retirement Obligation (ARO) management framework documents for decommissioning activities.
- Process Safety Improvements – SLR assisted a refining company to assess its process safety management system and identified management system changes to improve performance.
- Noise Survey, Modeling, and Control – SLR provided acoustic services for LNG regasification, liquefaction, and related facilities in Texas and Louisiana.
- Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) Planning – SLR provided EHS planning for construction phase of large LNG development.
- Integrated EHS Management System – SLR personnel facilitated development of an integrated EHS management system for the combined organization, Anadarko/Kerr McGee/Western, following their merger. This included using our Pathfinder Matrix® process to work with the executive leadership team on setting the future EHS direction for the company. We subsequently facilitated development of the implementation plan, gap analysis tool, and audit protocols.
- Merger Planning – SLR personnel led the Dow/Union Carbide EHS Integration Team for eight months in advance of the merger of these two chemical company giants. The team considered synergies, decided on a common EHS management system, incorporated global best practices, designed the combined EHS function, and identified key Day One activities.
- Issues Forums – SLR personnel run issues forums in Houston that are exclusively for leading company global heads of EHS in their respective industries. The forums cover global issues, refining, upstream, and process safety. The forums provide an opportunity for members to discuss issues of critical importance to them, learn how peers are thinking about these issues, emerge with ideas for creatively managing these issues, and form a network of peers that can be consulted informally.
SLR Clients Include
- Oil majors
- Law firms, attorneys, and professional services
- Logistics and utilities
- Large and mid-sized oil companies
- Pipelines, logistics, and utilities