Design, Build & Contract Management
As infrastructure is developed careful design, construction and contract management support is required to ensure efficient and effective project realisation across the four key stages of project delivery:
- Construction & Commissioning
- Decommissioning and closure
SLR provides technology support across the full waste management resource supply chain including the following:
- Landfill and transfer – including inert, hazardous, industrial and non-hazardous landfills, as well as leachate treatment facilities and waste transfer stations.
- Waste recovery – including all forms of residual waste treatment such as energy from waste (EfW) technologies, Mechanical Biological Treatment (MBT) and other fuel preparation facilities (SRF/RDF), Advanced Thermal treatment (ATT) and autoclave.
- Recycling and reprocessing technologies – such as clean or dirty materials recycling facilities (MRF’s).
- Organics treatment – either aerobically (composting) or anaerobically (Anaerobic Digestion producing biogas).
- Waste collection systems – including bins, boxes, vehicles as well as automated underground collection, diversion and storage systems.
How can SLR help?
- Design advice – SLR in-house specialist design advice across a range of disciplines including; architectural design, civil, process, infrastructure, landfill and geotechnical engineering.
- Integrating advice – SLR’s team have extensive experience of working in the waste management sector providing them with a thorough understanding of the inter-related technical, environmental, operational and financial issues involved in the design and construction of modern waste management facilities.
- Contract Management – Through the management of numerous construction projects, in addition to their technical engineering skills, SLR’s experts are able to advise our client on a wide range of issues relating to the commercial aspects of developing waste management facilities for both due diligence and financial modeling.
- Construction management – SLR construction engineers have acted in numerous roles for our clients during the procurement and construction phase of numerous project, such as; technical expert for the assessment of design and build tenders involving process engineering, acting as “the Engineer” under various forms of construction contract.
Main SLR Offering
- Design – SLR has the capability to undertake all aspects of the waste management infrastructure delivery, from conceptual design through to detailed design for construction.
- Construction Management – SLR engineers are experienced in supervising and managing contracts under various internationally recognized forms of contract. SLR are also able to provide third party construction quality assurance.
- Commissioning – Upon completion of construction SLR are able to oversee the commissioning of treatment facilities to ensure that the end product meets specification and therefore the client’s needs.
- Training – SLR are also able to offer training to our clients’ staff, to ensure that the facility is to be operated within regulatory requirements whilst achieving the optimum through put.