From Environmental Management to Sustainability - training course
SLR's Colin Malcolm will be leading the below FDF training course in London on the 16th of September.
You can register on the Food and Drink Federation website.
Traditionally, environmental management for many organisations has focused heavily on operational issues such as energy, waste and resource efficiency, legal compliance and pollution prevention. Whilst these issues are clearly important, this course will introduce practical approaches to help organisations advance environmental performance within the broader framework of sustainability and in ways that align with and support strategic business objectives.
- Defining environmental management, environmental sustainability and sustainability in a business context
- Understanding and effectively managing external environmental context factors (Supplier environmental frameworks, sustainable development goals, government policy, BREF revisions, stakeholder analysis etc.)
- Environmental sustainability and the organisational value chain – identifying and developing risks and opportunities
- Sustainability reporting platforms and benchmarks (Global Reporting Initiative, UN Global Compact)
- Practical examples and case studies of best practice
- Moving from environmental management to sustainability – developing and implementing a strategy
The course focus is on recognising the role that environmental sustainability plays in supporting an organisation’s strategic business objectives; including cost savings, productivity/efficiency, maintaining existing business relationships, winning new clients, competitive advantage, and reputation in the market place.
Who should attend?
- Board members
- Senior management
- Departmental leaders throughout the organisational value chain
- Environmental managers
Presenter: Colin Malcolm, SLR Consulting
Colin Malcolm has seventeen year's continuous experience in the delivery of environmental sustainability services including environmental law and risk management, sustainability in the value chain, auditing, environmental management systems, resource efficiency, carbon and waste management.
Colin is an experienced environmental trainer and has routinely written and delivered courses certified by the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) including the Foundation and Certificate in Environmental Management, the Diploma in Sustainable Business Practice and the half day senior management briefing course Leading with Environmental Sustainability.
He has also been a lecturer with Oxford Brooks University delivering modules on their MSc course in Health, Safety and Environmental Management including components on sustainability, environmental management and law, risk management and auditing. Colin is a full member of IEMA, has delivered environmental law training sessions on their behalf to the IEMA membership base, and has been retained by IEMA as a panel assessor for the interview process for Full Member applicants.