Cogeneration & Trigeneration
The need to develop sustainable approaches to business and governmental activity has crystallised with the growing realisation that climate change is already affecting patterns of human activity and the global ecosystem. Organisations are therefore being encouraged to understand the carbon footprint of their activities and to implement energy efficient initiatives to save energy and minimise costs. The adoption of cogeneration and trigeneration (combined generation of electric, cooling and heating) is a practical and attractive approach to achieve these goals.
SLR has been providing cutting edge and creative solutions for major building and infrastructure projects, working on cogeneration / trigeneration projects for government and private sector organisations.
How can SLR help?
Our core advice and support for carbon capture and storage schemes include the following;
- Investigation of the feasibility of cogen/trigen for a site or a precinct
- Project development including planning and permitting support. SLR understands the cogen/trigen business and has a wide range of relevant in house capabilities such as engineering design, air quality CFD modelling and measurement, acoustic, vibration and project management to support permitting and planning applications
- Dynamic thermal load modelling to assist with optimal cogen/trigen plant sizing
- Risk Assessment associated with potential installation
- Engineering concept and detailed design, including design drawings and technical installation
- Financial assessment of renewable energy options including the quantification of energy savings, payback analysis, etc. Identification of sources of energy grants to assist with the project and managing the successful applications (including liaison with government bodies) for such grants
- Project scheduling and tender assistance, obtaining and assessing quotes, negotiating and engaging successful contractors
- Project management during installation stage, site inspections, quality control, OHS management and compliance checking, mechanical system tuning and sign-off at practical completion
- Proven expertise and experience of cogen/trigen installation and a long record of successfully delivering many varied renewables energy projects
- Proven planning and regulatory support for a range of cogen/trigen projects across the globe
- Full life cycle support for cogen/trigen project through from initial inception and feasibility through planning and onto detailed design and project management