Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements is important in gaining stakeholder social licence to operate (SLO).
Undertaking routine scheme audits provides not only confidence in management and operational procedures, but also valuable operational information to enhance process and operational efficiencies.
How can SLR help?
Our monitoring and audit services include the following:
- Environmental management support through the provision of experienced environmental management staff to assist operations and corporates with strengthening in house environmental management capability
- Our accredited auditors provide independent environmental audit services to audit against permit requirements, equator principles, dam safety requirements, ISO standards, cyanide code and other standards commonly used in the mining industry
- Independent routine environmental monitoring services, including monitoring of air quality, acoustics, surface water and groundwater, plus fauna and flora rehabilitation and closure success criteria
- Programme design, installation and Interpretation. Our monitoring services include the design of monitoring programmes, supply and installation of specialised monitoring equipment, interpretation of data, design and implementation of environmental management and GIS systems
- Proven experience and expertise in compliance and operational matters particularly relating to environmental management.
- Experienced auditors that are familiar with mining operations and issues.
- Independent monitoring and interpretative services.