Environmental and Sustainability Training
SLR’s subject matter experts provide high value technical and environmental management training
SLR is an independent environmental consultancy providing a broad range of environmental management services across Europe, North America, Australasia and Africa. Our training services are delivered by subject matter experts, experienced in supporting organisations at strategic and operational levels. Our specialists work with our clients to identify competence gaps and develop training programmes that build organisational capacity.
Increasing staff competence allows our clients to improve environmental management, delivering a range of benefits including improved compliance, reduced risk and cost savings. SLR work with our clients’ staff in specialist functions to ensure that they have the knowledge and skills to contribute to the delivery of sustainability goals.
SLR can support its clients across the industrial, commercial and public sectors in improving competence at all organisational levels. Our training courses can be delivered internally to our clients and some are offered as public courses.
Our training services include:
- Senior management briefings on a wide range of sustainability topics.
- Management systems training, from short courses on specific system elements, to extended training in management systems development,implementation and application.
- Environmental compliance workshops, including evaluating compliance, monitoring and reporting, and managing environmental permits.
- Company specific tailored training, for example: waste awareness and duty of care, hazardous waste management, odour management, pest management, emission control, spill control.
- Climate change, carbon management and energy topics, including integrating environmental and energy management systems for certification to ISO 14001 and 50001.
SLR is registered by IEMA to deliver the "Leading with Environmental Sustainability" training course, a half-day workshop for senior management to develop or refresh the sustainability strategy for the business.
SLR also offers a range of bespoke environmental sustainability courses tailored to the specific needs of your business. We work in partnership to define competency requirements and design training to meet the particular requirements of your staff. Please contact Colin Malcolm on the details below if you would like to discuss environmental sustainability training options.
How can SLR help?
SLR is able to assist clients with the following key services:
- Identification of training needs – SLR works with our clients to identifying their training needs, to build competence, to improve compliance, enhance management processes, manage specific environmental aspects or objectives and add value.
- Delivering training – SLR can plan and implement the delivery of training, by inviting, registering and tracking the attendance of clients’ staff, arranging training venues and logistics, and providing all course materials and specialist trainers.
- IEMA (Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment) courses – SLR is registered as an IEMA training centre, which allows us to deliver IEMA-certified training courses.
- Specialist technical courses – SLR has a growing range of technical courses for specific environmental topics and environmental management techniques. We can tailor training so that it is directly relevant to client activities, and can develop courses to meet new client needs. If desired, we can apply for IEMA approval for courses, to provide recognised CPD benefits.
E-learning - SLR can develop web-based training, in the form of simple, short courses or more complex modular-based training. We work with a delivery partner to produce training materials that can be branded as the client’s own, and can be hosted by the client or by our partner.
Please contact Colin Malcolm to discuss sustainability training services.