Waste Strategy, Procurement & Design
Waste strategy and plan development is critical in providing a framework and business plan for improved waste resource management, and is relevant for all organisations and jurisdictions.
Our advice follows the global principle of the waste hierarchy of waste prevention, minimisation, reuse, recycling, energy recovery and final disposal. SLR’s public sector clients include national, regional and local governments, as well as policy & regulatory bodies. SLR’s private sector clients include waste management companies, technology providers, investors and construction companies.
How can SLR help?
SLR provides advice that covers part or all of the waste and resource management supply chain. Our global team can assist on the following:
- Strategy advice: Waste management strategy, plan and masterplanning advice.
- Strategic business planning: Market intelligence, industry market analysis, due diligence, strategic business reviews, including financial viability studies.
- Policy research, review and development: Including best practice guidance reviews.
- Strategic portfolio review: Including asset valuations, site searches and site appraisals and optimisation.
- Life cycle and carbon assessments for corporate and project reporting.
On business planning SLR can assist on the following:
- Contract procurement planning and support: Including business plan development, waste flow modelling and options feasibility studies for waste contracts.
- Operational and service plans: Independent due diligence, operational and service reviews.
- Waste logistics advice: Including routing organisation, strategy and infrastructure planning.
- Strategic business planning for both private and public sector organisations of all sizes and locations.
- Policy review, research and development at the local, regional, national and international level.
- Strategic environmental and technical reviews for all waste management services and operations.
- Providing deliverable solutions through the provision of industry best practice advice and support.
- GIS/ Spatial Mapping