Acoustic and Vibration Consultants, Senior or Associate Grade, Flexible Location, UK
Office Location: Nottingham
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits inc BUPA, pension, car allowance, life cover and more
Discipline team: Acoustics & Vibration
SLR’s established Acoustics and Vibration team has achieved ongoing commercial and geographical expansion over the past year, with a healthy forward workload and recent hires expanding the teams’ presence into locations including Bristol and London. With a strong pipeline of potential projects, the team is looking to continue this growth through the appointment of Acousticians in to one of several offices, including London, Nottingham, Bristol, Manchester or Edinburgh.
The team undertakes a range of environmental and buildings acoustics projects across a range of sectors, including built environment, education, mining and quarrying, waste and power; and provide legislative and development planning advice to a wide range of clients; and we are seeking experienced professionals who can complement or potentially add to this breadth of expertise.
As well as playing a key role in the delivery of existing projects, you will have the opportunity to expand, diversify and grow our portfolio of projects and clients and make a real contribution to the Acoustics team - and to help shape the continued growth of the team.
The successful candidate would be joining an employee owned, highly successful, international multi-disciplinary consultancy. Applications are sought from acoustic consultants with experience of business development, preferably gained in a commercial consultancy environment, and with strong skills in the area of wind farms, construction, industry and the built environment.
The role would suit current senior consultants looking for their next challenge and those wishing to advance their careers within a growing and successful business.
Our “one team” culture, flat management structure, and straightforward approach to project and budget management gives everyone the opportunity to progress; and to work on interesting projects with valued clients. We strive to ensure that opportunities both for new starters and for existing staff are open to all, and we have family friendly policies aimed at helping staff balance the needs of professional and family life. These include remote working facilities, as well as the potential for part time, job share and other flexible working arrangements.
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a benefits package which includes BUPA membership, pension, business class travel insurance, death in service life cover and much more.
slMAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Managing projects and advising clients on developments such as mixed use and residential masterplans, quarries, infrastructure and energy.
• Noise and vibration surveys throughout their local region; and, where necessary, in other parts of the UK.
• Preparation of fee proposals, report writing (including ES chapters) and technical review work.
• Liaising with technical staff and project managers based in other UK offices.
• Seeking opportunities through business development and networking to expand Acoustic capabilities across Scotland, as well as cross-selling other services.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Proven Acoustics Consultancy experience including project management, reporting, tendering/BD; and capable of contributing to commercial/business development activities in the region joined
• Strong Environmental Noise and Vibration skills
• MioA membership and a relevant degree level qualification
• Public enquiry experience would be advantageous, as would any CADNA knowledge, buildings acoustics experience and sound insulation testing
APPLICATIONS AND ENQUIRIES
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. For details of our equal opportunities policy please contact a member of our HR team on the above email address.
To apply, please use the online application form linked below.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job