Associate / Principal Hydrogeologist, Australia
Office Location: Townsville
Discipline team: Hydrology & Hydrogeology
Job DescriptionAbout the business and the role
SLR Consulting Australia Pty Ltd (SLR) is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients. SLR are an active sponsor of the International Association of Hydrogeologists and focused on investing in industry best practice for the benefit of both clients and staff.
We currently have a great career opportunity for an Associate or Principal level Hydrogeologist looking for that next step in their career. As a technical leader in the Townsville arm of our national Hydrology and Hydrogeology team, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a growing team and getting involved in a cross section of multi-discipline projects across Australia. The team delivers projects across SLR's market sectors including Mining & Minerals, Built Environment, Infrastructure, Industry and Power, with a focus on resource projects in northern Queensland.
The role is diverse and provides a great opportunity for the right person to mentor a team, provide technical leadership in conjunction with our other team Principals, and drive innovative and sustainable project solutions for our clients. As a senior member of our team you will play a key role in winning and delivering a diverse range of projects and providing mentorship to our less experienced staff.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Key skills and specialist technical areas:
- Providing technical groundwater leadership for technical studies and environmental approvals.
- Overseeing junior staff preparing quality reports for internal and external clients on time and within set budgets.
- Thorough understanding and application of QLD groundwater related legislation and guidelines as applied to resource, development and infrastructure projects.
- Working knowledge of other relevant National groundwater legislation and policies, standards and guidelines.
- Preparing quality reports for internal and external clients on time and within set budgets.
- Project managing projects to produce high quality technical study and environmental approvals documentation.
- Supporting Technical Discipline Managers in implementing actions from our clients.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of team business plans and strategies, where appropriate.
- Developing, facilitating and enhancing relationships between our internal and external clients and SLR team members.
- Contributing to winning work by identifying and converting opportunities and drawing on your client relationships.
- Providing advice and assistance to internal and external clients, team members and Project Manager's on projects regarding best principles and practices.
- Demonstrated experience in providing Health and Safety leadership, particularly in relation to hydrogeological field programs on resource sector project sites.
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will have between 8-20 year's industry experience, including experience within a consultancy group, and have:
- Appropriate Engineering or Science tertiary qualification and relevant groundwater industry experience
- Excellent communication skills and technical report writing
- Demonstrated experience working with and successfully mentoring junior staff
- Demonstrated experience managing large multidisciplinary projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated and ability to work effectively within a team
- A strong track record in building, nurturing and maintaining ongoing client relationships
- Australia Citizenship or rights to work in Australia
- Excellent driving history and hold a current driver's license
Job benefits and perks
At SLR we value our staff and look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, opportunities for regional travel, interaction with SLR staff globally with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job