Financial Sector Leader - Europe, UK
Office Location: UK
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, agile working & family friendly policies
SLR provides global environmental and advisory solutions from a network of offices throughout Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific and Africa. Our Transaction Services team, supported by an extensive inter-disciplinary capability, delivers market-leading strategic and transactional advice to our Financial Sector clients.
We advise financial institutions directly, including banks, institutional investors, private equity, investment banks and REITs, plus the organisations and clients they serve, across a range of sectors and industries. We have particular expertise and experience in the Industrial, Infrastructure, Mining & Minerals, Oil & Gas and Power & Energy Generation markets. We help our clients leverage environmental, health, safety, social and sustainability (EHS) factors to positively impact the value of their investments and we understand how environmental, social governance (ESG) factors provide a leading indicator of overall corporate performance, can significantly influence access to capital and can help to drive value through the term of investment.
SLR offers rewarding careers to all its staff, supported by the five elements of our business: Our Culture, Our Clients, Our People, Our Business and Our Communities with our ‘one team culture’ being the foundation on which our company is built. For more information, please visit our website: www.slrconsulting.com
We currently have an exceptional opportunity for a senior professional to join our team as the European Regional Financial Sector Leader. Ideally you will have significant EHS, social and sustainability diligence experience, having worked on large, multi-national projects for established Financial Sector clients. You understand the various needs of transactional stakeholders and have a reputation for excellence in delivery, and the ability to operate under the high demands of a dynamic transactional environment. You are well experienced in ESG, with a track record of delivering value generating ESG advisory and maintain long-term trusted advisor status with multiple clients.
You are enthusiastic and self-driven, with a natural drive for success. You are a natural leader, routinely managing multi-national, multi-disciplinary teams to meet and exceed client expectations. You are team- and people-oriented and able to form trusting relationships with internal as well as external stakeholders.
You are able to identify the key strategic issues and opportunities both operationally and across the SLR platform, to help drive the growth of the SLR business as part of the wider management team.
This is an exciting time in the company’s development as we look to further grow and develop our Financial Sector offering across Europe. The role will see the successful candidate being a member of our European Management Team as well as the European Sector Leader Team, to support the strategic direction and planning within the region.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to our Regional Manager for Europe and working with other key members of the Senior Management Team, the successful candidate will have responsibility for driving strategic growth of the business within the sector across the region. As well as providing inspiring and engaging leadership, they will also play a key role in the region’s Priority Client Programme as well as ensuring positive outcomes for both the business and our Financial Sector clients. This includes having responsibility for all aspects of the leadership, management and development of the European Financial Sector, which includes:
• Determine the strategic direction of the SLR European Financial Sector business and create the Financial Sector Business plan identifying which geographies, clients and services to target
• Identify opportunities in the Financial Sector that SLR may be able to move into by expanding service offerings or capabilities
• Contribute to the development of the Regional Business Plan as part of the Regional Management Team
• Responsible for the delivery of the Financial Sector business plan growth and budget
• Increase the profile of SLR with Financial Sector clients
• Build relationships with senior level personnel within Financial Sector client organisations
• Support the Client Account Managers of Financial Sector clients and build relationships with the priority Financial Sector clients
• Keep abreast of key projects with Financial Sector clients, proposals and opportunities, provide input and support on project & opportunity delivery as required.
• Ensure the accurate reporting of Financial Sector opportunities and increase the pipeline.
• Motivate the ‘Financial Sector’ team and engage in frequent communications with the team.
• Work with key stakeholders to identify the recruitment needs for Financial Sector expertise and support the recruitment process
• Work with the marketing team and others to deliver a communications plan for the Financial Sector, including internal and external communications on new projects, thought leadership articles, and new regulatory requirements
PERSON SPECIFICATION – SUMMARY
• Culture – always demonstrates a safety ethos and an ability to work alongside and support others acting as a role model.
• Leadership - demonstrates strong leadership and management of the sector and clients.
• Financial – responsible for performance against revenue and profitability targets as well as budget preparation.
• Business Development - works with others to build and develop client relationships within the context of a Priority Client Programme and broader regional client management priorities.
• Strategic - contributes to the development of a European Business Plan as part of the European Management Team, working actively with the multiple stakeholders to assess business risks, growth opportunities, resourcing requirements and priorities.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES & EXPERIENCE (aligned to SLR’s Career Framework)
• Safety leadership – evidence of achieving safety excellence by role modelling ‘safety first’ behaviour and through consistent adherence to policy and safety management.
• Visionary Leadership of Sector through effective thought leadership, business and client development, communication and engagement both internally and externally.
• Evidence of building and maintaining Client relationships in accordance with agreed priorities and overall responsibility for the development of the pipeline.
• Ability to influence a wide variety of stakeholders across a broad spectrum of performance situations.
• Strong financial management and effective communication skills
• Experience of accurately reporting and managing a pipeline of work
• Has a proven ability to contribute to the development of regional business plans and budgets which includes an assessment of business risks, growth opportunities, resourcing requirements and priorities and can actively manage performance against these.
• Has an ability to manage operational risk at proposal stage by ensuring go/no go decisions.
• Can monitor any large or high risk or strategically important opportunities and projects and provide support to ensure a successful outcome.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
• Ambitious and proactive, passionate and optimistic
• Courageous – will step outside of comfort zone
• Excellent at client management & development
• Flexible and change orientated
• Gravitas (personal impact, presence and confidence)
• Growth mindset
• Integrity and honesty
• Leads by example – role model– inspires respect and trust
• Politically and emotionally astute (stakeholder management)
• Resilient (responds well to setbacks)
• Responds well to pressure and scrutiny
• Results orientated
• Strategically minded – a big picture thinker
• Willingness to make decisions
• Full driving license
• Able to undertake short term travel within the European Region, Passport and ability to travel internationally
To apply for this position, please use the online application button on this page to submit a CV and covering letter.
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job