GIS Analyst, Australia
Office Location: Melbourne
Discipline team: CAD & GIS
About the business and the role
SLR is an employee-owned, international, environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa, SLR is one of a very small number of truly international specialist environmental and advisory consultancies. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
Due to strategic growth in our business across a number of sectors, we have a great opportunity for a GIS Analyst to join our CAD & GIS team in Melbourne. You will work closely with our Acoustic, Waste and Land Quality teams and report to the CAD & GIS Manager on a range of GIS mapping and analysis tasks. You will also work collaboratively with our engineers and environmental consultants on our range of interesting and multi-discipline projects across the APAC region.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
• Data management,
• Data manipulation and conversion,
• Spatial analysis,
• Preparation of figures for reports,
• Client liaison (internal and external).
Skills and experience
• Degree in Geographical Information Systems qualification or similar tertiary qualification
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience
• A high level of experience with ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS and other GIS applications
• Skills in writing scripts in python, ArcGIS Model Builder and programming (desired)
• High level of written and verbal communication skills
• Australian working rights
• Current Driver’s License
• Diversity in project background experience that can be applied across a range of project types (desired)
• Knowledge of computer aided drafting (CAD) software packages (desired)
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices.
Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions and a 'people first' culture.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job