Investment and Business Analytics Manager, UK
Office Location: Oxford
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package
Discipline team: Accounts
SLR has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Investment and Business Analytics Manager to join its European region management team in a newly created role to be based in Worminghall, near Oxford/Aylesbury/Thame.
SLR is an international environmental consultancy with over 1,300 employees working from over 70 offices based in 5 regions (Europe, Canada, United States, APAC, and Africa). With the support of private equity partners who came on board in 2018, SLR is currently in an exciting phase with acquisition playing a key part in the ambitious plan to grow the business significantly in the coming years.
We strive to ensure that opportunities both for new starters and for existing staff are open to all, and we have family friendly policies aimed at helping staff balance the needs of professional and family life. These include remote working facilities, as well as the potential for part time, job share and other flexible working arrangements.
Along with a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days annual leave (excluding public holidays); flexible working arrangements; car allowance; private health cover; death-in-service cover; professional membership subscription; and pension.
The successful candidate will have a key role in the Group Finance team and directly support the Group’s acquisition strategy.
Typical duties will include:
• Financial support on acquisition targets, including initial scoping, due diligence, analysis of current accounting policies and procedures, and conversion of financial statements to reflect SLR accounting policies and procedures;
• Support during the sale process, including working closely with external consultants, lawyers, and banking agent as required to ensure a smooth transaction closing;
• Business integration of acquisitions post completion including working closely with internal systems support and local finance teams to ensure accounting, forecasting/budgeting, and reporting are captured timely and effectively;
• Review of completion accounts post sale in a timely manner; and
• Preparation of acquisition accounting entries and working closely with local finance and Assistant Financial Accountant to ensure they are captured accurately in regional and Group reporting;
• Designing and developing business analytics within the Finance function by using regional data points to understand trends and provide further analysis to Board members which will directly drive business investment decisions.
• Work closely with the Group Financial Controller supporting the other members of the Group Finance team during the budgeting/forecasting cycles and the year-end external audit and statutory account preparation/review process.
Note this role will involve some international travel as part of the acquisition evaluation process.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Academic Achievement and Experience – an ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified individual who has experience in corporate finance and/or M&A (or a desire to gain experiences in these areas) would be well suited to the role. A relevant university degree is also a highly desirable attribute;
- Technical Competence – fully conversant with technicalities of preparation and review of Group Consolidated Financial Statements (including a good understanding of UK GAAP and IFRS) as well as experience in tax (with international tax experience highly desirable);
- Computer Skills - comfortable and experienced using MS Excel for financial purposes, as this role will involve maintaining and, at times, creating reports within this environment;
- Ownership and Diligence - willingness and ability to manage checks and balances of reporting for accuracy of information, with a strong attention to detail;
- Communication - ability to communicate effectively and clearly with finance and non-finance professionals, often based remotely;
- Strategic Thinker – ability to challenge the business positively using analytics and drive change at multiple levels; and
- Planning - ability to prioritise tasks and problem solve to achieve deadlines.
Closing date 30th September
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job