Landfill and Waste Infrastructure Engineer, Australia
Office Location: Brisbane
Discipline team: Waste & Resources Management
About the business and the role
SLR Consulting is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
We have an excellent career opportunity in our Waste & Resource Management team for a Landfill & Waste Infrastructure specialist to join our growing team in Australia and New Zealand. You will be based in our Brisbane office and work closely with our senior team to ensure the delivery of quality environmental outcomes, practical engineering solutions and construction supervision advisory services to our internal and external clients across the Asia Pacific region.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Undertaking and providing input to engineering design and supervision of construction for projects including landfills, resource recovery centers and transfer stations and associated infrastructure;
- Site planning, scheme master planning and coordination of site investigations, preparing quality reports for internal and external clients on time and to budget;
- Preparation of project and task specific health and safety plans including Safety in Design risk assessments and reporting;
- Project managing small to medium projects to produce high quality Environmental Management, Construction, and advisory documentation (i.e., design reports, technical studies, construction quality assurance reports);
- Providing advice and assistance to internal and external clients, team members and Project Managers on projects regarding best principles and practices;
- Contributing to winning work by developing proposals, identifying and converting opportunities and drawing on your client relationships;
- Developing, facilitating and enhancing relationships between our internal and external clients and SLR team members; and administrative and financial management tasks including preparing budgets and providing accurate and timely response as required by project demands and timelines.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- 3 to 6 years' practical experience in the field of landfill and waste with significant demonstrated skills in the areas of engineering design, construction supervision, data analysis, report writing and environmental assessments.
- A Bachelor degree or higher in Engineering with a specialization in Civil, Environmental or Geotechnical disciplines or a related field.
- Working knowledge of Australian State and New Zealand environmental legislation policies, standards and guidelines.
- Experience in conducting construction quality assurance supervision or landfill design methodologies.
- Strong capabilities in construction management and waste facility operations and attention to detail.
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices.
Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions and a 'people first' culture.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job