Landfill and Waste Infrastructure Engineer, Australia
Office Location: Brisbane
Discipline team: Waste & Resources Management
About the business
SLR Consulting Australia Pty Ltd (SLR) is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
About the role
We have an excellent career opportunity within our Waste & Resource Management team for an Engineer to join our growing team in Australia and New Zealand. You will be based in either our Sydney or Brisbane office and work closely with our senior team to ensure the delivery of quality environmental outcomes, practical engineering solutions and construction supervision advisory services to our internal and external clients.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking engineering design and supervision of construction for projects including landfills, refuse transfer stations and associated infrastructure;
- Site planning, scheme master planning and coordination of site investigations,
- Preparation of project and task specific health and safety plans including Safety in Design risk assessments and reporting;
- Project managing small to medium projects to produce high quality Environmental Management, Construction, and advisory documentation (i.e., design reports, technical studies, construction quality assurance reports);
- Preparing quality reports for internal and external clients on time and within set budget;
- Providing advice and assistance to internal and external clients, team members and Project Managers on projects regarding best principles and practices;
- Contributing to winning work by developing proposals, identifying and converting opportunities and drawing on your client relationships;
- Developing, facilitating and enhancing relationships between our internal and external clients and SLR team members; and
- Administrative and financial management tasks including budget preparation and providing accurate and timely responses to requests as required by project demands and timelines.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, specialising in Civil, Environmental or Geotechnical disciplines or a related field.
- 5 to 7 years' practical experience in the field of Civil, Environmental or Geotechnical Engineering with significant demonstrated skills in the areas of engineering design, construction supervision, data analysis, report writing and environmental assessments.
- Working knowledge of Australian and New Zealand environmental legislation and policies, standards and guidelines.
- Strong capabilities in construction management and waste facility operations and attention to detail.
- Chartership or ability to become chartered with financial support by the business.
- Australian Citizenship or rights to work in Australia
- Current driver's license
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices.
Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and an innovative benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions and a 'people first' culture.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job