Principal Consultant / Office Manager – Perth, Australia
Office Location: Perth
Discipline team: Env. Management, Permitting & Approvals
Job DescriptionAbout the business and the role
SLR Consulting Australia Pty Ltd (SLR) is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced consultant to join our internationally recognised Environmental Management, Planning & Approvals (EMPA) team based in Perth. The team provides a wide range of project management, environmental impact assessment, post-consent environmental management services and works alongside other specialist teams in SLR to deliver a complete environmental service to clients across a range of sectors. This position will also take on the Office Manager position.
Articulate, motivated and reliable, you will have a minimum of 10 years' experience in consulting, government or industry. You will enjoy undertaking project work whilst mentoring team members and developing client relationships throughout the region. You will also collaborate on projects and initiatives with the national EMPA Group and other teams within our multi-disciplinary business. The successful applicant will be pivotal to the continued development of the EMPA team and will assist in the growth of the discipline nationally.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of team business plans and strategies
- Developing, facilitating and enhancing effective relationships with our clients and internal SLR team members
- Providing advice regarding best practice environmental impact assessment and management principles to clients and internal SLR team members
- Working within and leading multidisciplinary teams to deliver projects across a range of sectors
- Delivering clear and precise, high quality reports
- Occasional travel to undertake field studies
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in environmental impact assessment. Experience in post-consent services will be favourable
- Demonstrated experience managing multidisciplinary projects
- Working knowledge of WA environmental legislation and policies, standards and guidelines
- Experience in the mining, infrastructure, power, land use and/or agribusiness sectors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Australian Citizenship or rights to work in Australia
- Excellent driving history and hold a current driver's licens
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices.
Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and an innovative benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job