Principal or Technical Director Hydrology - Mine Water Management, Europe, UK
Office Location: UK
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package
Discipline team: Hydrology & Hydrogeology
SLR has a busy, well established, and rapidly growing international mining team. Due to ongoing success and a busy forward order book, we are looking to further expand the team with the appointment of an experienced mining hydrologist within Europe. The role could potentially be based in any of our European offices, with a preference for Dublin, Bradford on Avon, Bristol or Edinburgh.
This position presents an outstanding opportunity to join and help grow an existing team of mining specialists delivering a range of mining projects in Europe and worldwide. The successful applicant will have a proven ability to deliver large and complex mine water management studies from feasibility stage; design development through to site implementation; and will also contribute to SLR’s growing portfolio of mining related due diligence projects.
SLR is a truly multinational consultancy and offers significant potential for career development and enhancement based on performance. Our “one team” culture, flat management structure and straightforward approach to project and budget management gives everyone the opportunity to progress; and to work on interesting projects with valued clients. We strive to ensure that opportunities both for new starters and for existing staff are open to all, and we have family friendly policies aimed at helping staff balance the needs of professional and family life. These include remote working facilities, as well as the potential for part time, job share and other flexible working arrangements.
Along with a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days annual leave (excluding public holidays); flexible working arrangements; car allowance; private health cover; death-in-service cover; professional membership subscription; and pension.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working as part of our international mining team the successful candidate will be required to initiate, prepare, organise, lead and undertake a range of hydrological mining studies.
In addition to providing leadership and interact and collaborate with colleagues, it is expected duties would include, but not be limited to:
• developing and sustaining existing and new client relationships
• project leadership and management
• responsibility for mine water management projects in Europe
• technical role in developing GoldSim modelling capability
• optioneering assessments for mine water management infrastructure
• water balance assessments for mine developments
• design of mine water management infrastructure
• contribution to fast paced multi-national mining due diligence projects
• contribution to SLR’s dam and tailings breach analysis team
• mentoring, providing technical direction and developing junior staff
• working in multidisciplinary teams
The role will involve working closely with our in-house geochemists, hydrogeologists, mine waste and civil/structural engineers.
The successful applicant will have excellent written and spoken communication skills and have proven project and client management experience. It is expected they will also be conversant with the capability and limitations of industry standard hydrological modeling software.
This role will involve undertaking projects within Europe and internationally for large scale mining projects and therefore may include infrequent periods working away from home.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Engineering/science degree level qualification (or higher);
• MSc or equivalent in Engineering Hydrology
• Proven project and client management capability;
• Knowledge of relevant technical and regulatory guidance;
• Confidence working internationally on sites in remote locations;
• Excellent numerical, written, organisational and communication skills; and
• Full driving licence.
APPLICATIONS AND ENQUIRIES
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. For details of our equal opportunities policy please contact a member of our HR team on the above email address.
To apply, please use the online application form linked below.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job