Regional HR Manager, Australia
Office Location: Sydney
Discipline team: Human Resources
Job DescriptionAbout the business and the role
SLR is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices across Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa, SLR is one of a very small number of truly international specialist environmental consultancies. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
We have a great opportunity for a dynamic individual to lead our Human Resources team as Regional HR Manager. The current team are enthusiastic and driven to provide the best possible services for SLR staff. This role provides opportunity for work variety, work flexibility, a fun and inclusive team culture and an exceptional senior leadership team to become a part of.
Job tasks and responsibilities
As a pivotal role within the business you will be expected to drive employee engagement, culture and values across the organisation and work closely with the senior leadership team.
Your main responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Responsible for operational delivery of HR services and support to staff
- Lead, develop and motivate a small team of professional HR consultants
- Develop and implement generalist HR strategies, policies, guidelines, procedures and projects, as well as specific HR strategies required to build capability
- Work with the HR team to Produce regular reviews (monthly, quarterly, annual) of HR initiatives, recruitment and retention statistics and employee analysis/feedback
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership team to implement the following HR functions including: leadership and high potential development, talent mapping – staff performance management and development, recruitment and retention, employee relations, workplace health and well-being, organisational development and organisational change.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, Business Management or related field
- 15+ years’ experience, preferably in a professional services environment with at least 5 years’ in a team leadership position
- Consultative approach towards managing effective relationships with staff and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to supervise small groups and liaise effectively within a structured organisation
- The ability to earn respect and confidence of colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Has potential to grow with the business
- Excellent knowledge of engineering, scientific, technical and administrative workplace agreements
- Experience with professional remuneration packaging, performance and incentive strategies
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, competent user of Microsoft Office Suite and a range of HRIS
About the HR team
There’s just three of us in the team - Romi, the HR Advisor, Megan our hard working Assistant and Stefan our Recruiter/Headhunter (yes, I am searching for you now!). We love it here, it’s fun, relaxed, has excellent flexible working conditions and we’re surrounded by great people to work with. We work together, collaborate, share ideas and listen to each other. We’re looking for a like-minded individual who is creative, a good listener, a strong leader who can empower staff and most importantly loves a good laugh!
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff, and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be offered an attractive salary, interaction with SLR staff nationally and a benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job