Introduction / Refresher course to Environmental Law
SLR's Colin Malcolm will be delivering a one-day course in London in connection with the Food and Drink Federation on the 29th of April 2019. Colin Malcolm has seventeen year’s continuous experience in the delivery of environmental sustainability services including environmental law and risk management, sustainability in the value chain, auditing, environmental management systems, resource efficiency, carbon and waste management.
About the session
A one-day course providing an awareness of all major environmental laws which typically impact food and drink manufacturers, how to effectively manage compliance, and an awareness of forthcoming changes to legislation including the implications of Brexit.
- Brief overview of the structure of law, types of law and the legal framework
- Current and future Implications from Brexit to environmental law compliance management, and to the accuracy of existing site/group based environmental law registers
- Introduction to the main environmental laws in the categories of; waste, air, energy, carbon, water, nuisance, contaminated land, hazardous substances and conservation
- Practical discussions and case studies on the compliance requirements of each law
- Effective techniques to manage day to day environmental law compliance
- Recent and forthcoming changes to environmental law, and techniques for keeping up to date with environmental law
- The role of the regulators and managing regulator relationships
- Sanctions and enforcement
- Managing incidents
For more information and to register for the event visit the Food and Drink Federation website here.