SLR’s Marine Science team offers a broad range of services with extensive experience.
SLR’s Marine Science team offers extensive experience in the preparation and support of Resource and Marine Consent Applications, Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs), Marine Mammal Impact Assessments (MMIAs), Environmental Plans (EPs), Assessments of Environmental Effects (AEEs) and Undue Adverse Effects (UAEs), Oil Spill Contingency Plans (OSCP), Marine Discharge Consents, marine ecological surveys, compliance monitoring and environmental and regulatory advice.
Our consultants have a detailed understanding of all relevant legislation and regulations associated with the marine environment including the Resource Management Act 1991, New Zealand Coastal Policy Statement 2010, Exclusive Economic Zone and Continental Shelf (Environmental Effects) Act 2012, Maritime Transport Act 1994, Marine Protection Rules, Marine Mammal Protection Act 1972, Marine and Coastal Area (Takutai Moana) Act 2011, the Biosecurity Act 1993 and the Māori Commercial Aquaculture Claims Settlement Act 2004.
SLR’s New Zealand team have also undertaken extensive iwi and stakeholder consultation around most of the NZ coastline to facilitate discussion on impact based assessments. Senior SLR staff are able to advise on and assist with any iwi or stakeholder engagement process or public meetings for any project.
How can SLR help?
The team has worked closely with the oil and gas industry, aquaculture industry, energy companies and central, regional and local government agencies to provide tailored solutions in the following areas
- Resource Consent applications including site suitability assessments, natural character and natural landscape assessments
- Marine Consent Applications and Marine Mammal Impact Assessments
- Marine monitoring programmes, including toxicity, biosecurity and sustainability investigations
- Sustainability certification pre-audits
- Stakeholder consultation and engagement
- Project and risk management
- Health and Safety in Employment as it relates to marine based industry
- Data analysis, GIS mapping, database management and cleaning
- Policy and scientific report preparation and peer review