- Litigation Support – SLR has demonstrated success advocating for clients subject to 3rd party lawsuits and engaged in arbitration.
- Agency Negotiations – SLR uses a pragmatic approach to negotiate the need for mitigation measures through development of technically defendable site-specific cleanup levels.
- Regulatory Understanding – SLR leverages its knowledge and a detailed understanding of current regulations, guidance, and underlying science to provide clients pragmatic and cost effective solutions.
- Human Toxicology and Risk Assessment – Provide risk-based cleanup criteria; contaminant and regulatory field toxicology; litigation support and expert witness testimony; emissions and dispersion modelling; and contaminant fate and transport.
- Ecotoxicology and Ecological Risk Assessment – Provide food chain modelling; ecotoxicology; species identification; bioassay development; environmental chemistry; biostatistics; terrestrial and aquatic ecology; oceanography and Geographic Information system (GIS) mapping.
- Contaminant Fate and Transport Modelling – Provide air, surface water, vadose zone and groundwater modelling.
Risk Assessment & Toxicology
One of SLR’s main strengths is its experience in identifying and then cost-effectively mitigating the risks associated with contaminated land.
We have extensive practical experience in providing site assessment, ground investigation, remedial design and remedial action implementation services on sites potentially affected by contamination. In addition, we are familiar with the requirements of regulators, industrial and commercial clients as well as lending institutions and legal advisors.
SLR’s orientation for achieving efficient, cost effective solutions for its clients is strengthened by the company’s ability to provide a comprehensive range of proven and innovative technologies.
How can SLR help?
- Comprehensive range of site investigation techniques, both intrusive and non-intrusive.
- Reviews of environmental data.
- Environmental Impact Assessments, Risk Assessments and Contaminated Land Assessments.
- Design and management of remediation schemes including materials and waste management.
- Development of a conceptual site model.
- Quantitative assessment if required, including toxicological and human health risk assessments.
- Pragmatic approach to determining mitigation measures.
- Detailed knowledge of regulations and remediation processes, across international markets
- Managing and evaluation site investigations for development schemes
- Undertaking human, health and environmental risk assessments
- Selection and design of mitigation measures
- Management of remediation process
Human Health Risk Assessment & Toxicology
Environmental regulations ultimately are designed to protect human health and the environment making human health risk assessments and toxicology an important element of complex and high profile environmental projects.
How can SLR help?
SLR’s risk assessment team is internationally recognised for applying its human health risk assessment and toxicology expertise to support a wide range of client needs.
- Geostatistics, Statistics and Data Management – Provide sample design; data management and analysis; hypothesis testing; probability modelling; and uncertainty analysis using Monte Carlo simulations.