Client: Gecko Cobalt Mining (Pty) Ltd (Gecko)
Gecko Cobalt Mining - Proposed Opuwo Cobalt Mining project near Opuwo, Kunene Region, Namibia
Gecko is the holder of Exclusive Prospecting Licences (EPLs) 4346, 4540, 4351 and 3450 located to the north of Opuwo in the Kunene Region of Namibia. Based on the results of exploration drilling undertaken since 2017, Gecko has applied for a Mining Licence (ML) to mine ore (copper and cobalt mineralisation) through a combined open-pit and underground mine, and to process this material on site within the proposed ML area. SLR has been appointed to undertake the required EIA process for the proposed project.
A Draft Scoping Report (DSR) has been compiled and made available for a 30-day review and comment period from 24 June to 24 July 2019. For comments to be included in the Final Scoping Report, they must reach SLR by no later than 24 July 2019. The full DSR is available for download below.
- Appendix 1: CVs of Environmental Assessment Practitioner (539.6 KB)
- Appendix 2: Public Participation Process
- Appendix 2.1: IAP Database (234.35 KB)
- Appendix 2.2: IAP Notification Letters (579.65 KB)
- Appendix 2.3: Background Information Document (510.42 KB)
- Appendix 2.4: Advertisements (2.48 MB)
- Appendix 2.5: Site Notice (1.76 MB)
- Appendix 2.6: Flyers (150.19 KB)
- Appendix 2.7: Minutes of Public Meetings (1.34 MB)
- Appendix 2.8: Written comments received from IAPs (549.26 KB)
- Appendix 2.9: Comments and Responses Report (234.4 KB)