Client: The South African Breweries (SAB)
SAB's Proposed Glass Bottle Manufacturing Plant, Vereeniging, Gauteng
SAB and its partners are proposing to develop and operate a Black owned glass bottle manufacturing plant in order to transform its glass bottle procurement spend, whilst providing a unique opportunity for new black economic entrants. The site for the location of the proposed facility is at Lager Avenue, Vereeniging. In order for the plant to be established, Environmental Authorisation, a Waste Management Licence and an Atmospheric Emissions Licence must be applied for. SLR has been appointed to undertake the required Scoping and Environmental Impact Assessment process.
The Scoping Report was accepted by the Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development on 15 October 2018. The acceptance provided for the project to proceed with the EIA phase, in accordance with the Plan of Study detailed in the Scoping Report, as well as the requirements set out in the letter.
SLR has completed the Environmental Impact Assessment Report (EIAR) for the glass bottle manufacturing plant proposed by The SAB and future partners. This EIAR was distributed for a 30-day comment period from 13 November to 14 December 2018 in order to provide Interested and Affected Parties (I&APs) with an opportunity to comment on any aspect of the proposed project and the findings of the EIA process.
The EIAR inclusive of I&AP comments has been submitted to the Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (GDARD) for final decision making on 31 January 2019. Comments received during the review period have been included in the final report.
Copies of the full report have been made available on the SLR website (at https://slrconsulting.com/za/slr-documents/). Electronic copies (compact disk) of the report can be requested from SLR.
- APPENDIX 2: CURRICULA VITAE (INCLUDING REGISTRATIONS) OF THE PROJECT TEAM (887.83 KB)
- APPENDIX 3: AUTHORITY CORRESPONDENCE (1.62 MB)
- APPENDIX 4: METHOD OF IMPACT IDENTIFICATION AND ASSESSMENT (244.81 KB)
- Appendix 5.1: Air Quality Impact Assessment (4.7 MB)
- Appendix 5.2: Climate Change Assessment (529.16 KB)
- Appendix 5.3: Soil Assessment (8.13 MB)
- Appendix 5.4: Noise Impact Assessment (12.09 MB)
- Appendix 5.5: Terrestrial Ecology Assessment (3.51 MB)
- Appendix 5.6: Aquatic Ecology Assessment (5.86 MB)
- Appendix 5.7: Surface Water Study (4.92 MB)
- Appendix 5.8: Groundwater Study (8.44 MB)
- Appendix 5.9: Heritage Impact Assessment (4.25 MB)
- Appendix 5.10: Traffic Impact Assessment (6.57 MB)
- Appendix 5.11: Visual Impact Assessment (12.1 MB)
- Appendix 5.12: Social Impact Assessment (5.11 MB)
- Appendix 5.13: Economic Impact Assessment (756.32 KB)
- Appendix 6 - PUBLIC PARTICIPATION PROCESS (1.04 MB)
- APPENDIX 7: CONFIRMATION OF ZONING/SERVICES (EMFULENI LOCAL MUNICIPALITY) (8.11 MB)
- Appendix 8 - EMPr (3.76 MB)
- Appendix 1 - EAP UNDERTAKING (383 KB)