West Cliff Coal Preparation Plant Engineer of Record
New South Wales
South32 required an Engineer on Record (EoR) to provide technical knowledge related to the safety of the Dry Rejects Emplacement Area (DREA) and tailing storage facility (TSF) at the West Cliff Colliery near Appin New South Wales.
SLR was engaged as the EoR to undertake the reverse engineering of the DREA to address gaps identified within the auditing process at the West Cliff Colliery (against both corporate and Global Industry Tailings Standard on Tailing Management (GISTM) requirements).
This included the following:
- Site and pit investigation
- DREA GISTM conformance
- As-built assessment, analysis and interpretation
- Geotechnical assessment
- Hydrological assessment
- Landform and closure design
- Design basis and design report
- Construction records report
- Deviance accountability report
- Operation, Maintenance and Surveillance Manual
- Annual performance report
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan
- Impact Assessments and Mitigation Plan
- Hydrogeological/3D seepage model
- Triggered Action Response Plans
As the EoR, SLR provided holistic technical and auditing services to ensure GISTM conformance of the DREA along with reports with key recommendations to the client.
Want to know more?
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss a project, our team would be happy to hear from you. Find out more