Wollondilly Shire Community, Cultural & Civic Precinct
New South Wales
Wollondilly Shire Council engaged SLR to provide traffic engineering and transport planning advice in relation to the proposed Wollondilly Shire Community, Cultural and Civic Precinct (CCCP) development located in Picton town centre.
The scope of works included:
- Consultation with Council and the wider project team to inform project goals and design intent
- Undertaking extensive traffic/ parking surveys and audit of data
- Undertaking detailed analysis of existing off-street public parking provision
- Assessing future parking demand/ supply in the context of existing parking behaviour and future development
- Recalibration and validation of the 2016 Picton Town Centre Aimsun traffic model based on new surveys undertaken in 2019
- Base Aimsun model considered 7.5km of local road network, including one signalised intersection, 13 priority intersections and one roundabout
- Minimum Aimsun model coded to reflect infrastructure changes at four intersections, as recommended in Council’s 2026 Transport Plan
- Processing of traffic data from the MacArthur Regional Transportation Model to understand future traffic demands in Picton town centre
- The proposed CCCP development was then assessed at the 2036 design horizon using the DM Aimsun model
- Results from the Aimsun model were presented in a Traffic and Transport Report which was submitted in support of the planning proposal for the town centre redevelopment.