Occupational Hygiene is the science of identifying potential exposures and hazards in the workplace that could cause health impacts, disease or discomfort.
Our team can evaluate the extent of risk due to these hazards or agents, and control those risks to prevent ill-health in both the short term and long term.
How can we help?
SLR provides the highest level of service to our clients with results which are both scientifically rigorous but also practical to today’s business and community needs.
The Occupational Health & Hygiene team consists of a diverse range of science and engineering specialists to complement client needs in occupational hygiene, health and safety, toxicology, and environmental and human health risk assessment. Covering issues relating to worker health, meeting community expectations, or ensuring regulatory compliance.
Our Occupational Hygiene services:
- Baseline worker exposure assessments and program development
- Occupational noise and vibration exposure assessments
- Mould and biohazard assessments
- Hazardous industry risk planning and development
- Dust, solvent and chemical monitoring
- Clandestine laboratory contamination surveys
- Hazardous materials surveying and management
- Health risk and health impact assessments
- Heat stress evaluations
- Indoor air quality assessments
- Hazardous substances and dangerous goods
- Occupational health and safety auditing and advice
- Forensic and investigative sampling
Paul is a Principal Environmental Engineer with over 19 years working in the industrial, private, government, oil and gas, and mining environment. His experience encompasses both project management and direction, managing complex technical projects with tight delivery times and sensitive information. He has managed large scale projects incorporating a diverse range of environmental and occupational monitoring and assessment programs.
Dr Craig Simpson
Craig is an experienced consultant with extensive experience in occupational hygiene, laboratory analysis and environmental field work. He has undertaken a range of occupational hygiene and environmental projects, including health risk assessments, mould and indoor air quality investigations, monitoring of various chemicals and dusts, investigations of potential workplace exposures, reviews of consultants reports for insurers, as well as asbestos identification and airborne asbestos fibre monitoring.